Union dues

Nildog

Last week, I looked at my paycheck and noticed the "Deductions" area had both a union initiation fee and the union dues taken out. Today, I had more union dues taken out. I was under the impression that union dues were taken once a month. Was I wrong about that? How often are dues taken out? Thanks

Box Handler of Dallas

Last week, I looked at my paycheck and noticed the "Deductions" area had both a union initiation fee and the union dues taken out. Today, I had more union dues taken out. I was under the impression that union dues were taken once a month. Was I wrong about that? How often are dues taken out? Thanks
Your union dues are taken out each paycheck.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
@Nildog : some areas deduct dues once a month, some weekly (in my Local, it's 25% of the monthly amount taken out of the first 4 paychecks in a month. When there's a 5th payday in a month, no deduction). Also, sometimes there could be "catch-up" deductions being made if the company or union made a mistake, or as my Local Union requires, paying up 2 months in advance (there's a reason mine does this).

TL/DR: Could be either monthly or weekly. Ask a knowledgeable co-worker (not management) or union shop steward, or call/email your Local Union's dues department (or TITANS operator-that's the name of the software most Locals use for dues accounting) for a breakdown of the dues/fees payment schedule.

UPSER1987

You guys should form a union or something that actually explains and teaches employees how much much, how often and why dues are deducted.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

That would be an awesome question for somebody down at your local union hall since they are the ones taking YOUR money

SMDH