Union holding monthly fee from pension paycheck

Saskuach

Hi, Im about to retire. My coworkers who already retired are complaining that the union is still holding $70 of their pension paycheck. Anyone knows anything about this issue?? Thanks

UpstateNYUPSer

Hi, Im about to retire. My coworkers who already retired are complaining that the union is still holding $70 of their pension paycheck. Anyone knows anything about this issue?? Thanks

Off the top of my head it sounds like the $70 may be going toward your healthcare.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

In the UPS/IBT Pension plan, if you elect to take the retiree medical insurance, the premium is deducted from your pension check.

oldngray

nowhere special
In the UPS/IBT Pension plan, if you elect to take the retiree medical insurance, the premium is deducted from your pension check.
It depends on the local. I am in the UPS/IBT Pension plan but have different insurance than most. I get a bill from UPS quarterly.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It depends on the local. I am in the UPS/IBT Pension plan but have different insurance than most. I get a bill from UPS quarterly.

Should have said Teamcare retiree insurance.

Although, the OP said they are withholding $70. That would be cheap insurance since most pension checks are monthly.

$70/mo for insurance? Where do I sign up?

Saskuach

I have read all your comments, but that $ 70 deduction is not for some type of medical insurance. The union tells us that this money will be returned later with the union pension.
But if I am already retired and I am not a member of the union, the union should not continue to withhold money. That’s my point

I have read all your comments, but that $ 70 deduction is not for some type of medical insurance. The union tells us that this money will be returned later with the union pension.
But if I am already retired and I am not a member of the union, the union should not continue to withhold money. That’s my point
Maybe your plan had a pension cut?

UpstateNYUPSer

Is the pension run by the company or union?

UpstateNYUPSer

Sad.. Same Company,same Union, and prices all over the map...

Before you start a GoFundMe for him, keep in mind that his pension is among the highest in the country; that being said, $1,320/month is a LOT to pay for healthcare coverage.

I have to wonder how many his fellow retirees have decided to take their chances and opt out of coverage.