Union holding monthly fee from pension paycheck

Saskuach

Hi, Im about to retire. My coworkers who already retired are complaining that the union is still holding $70 of their pension paycheck. Anyone knows anything about this issue?? Thanks

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Hi, Im about to retire. My coworkers who already retired are complaining that the union is still holding $70 of their pension paycheck. Anyone knows anything about this issue?? Thanks

In the UPS/IBT Pension plan, if you elect to take the retiree medical insurance, the premium is deducted from your pension check.

oldngray

nowhere special
In the UPS/IBT Pension plan, if you elect to take the retiree medical insurance, the premium is deducted from your pension check.
It depends on the local. I am in the UPS/IBT Pension plan but have different insurance than most. I get a bill from UPS quarterly.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It depends on the local. I am in the UPS/IBT Pension plan but have different insurance than most. I get a bill from UPS quarterly.

Should have said Teamcare retiree insurance.

Although, the OP said they are withholding $70. That would be cheap insurance since most pension checks are monthly.

$70/mo for insurance? Where do I sign up?

Saskuach

I have read all your comments, but that $ 70 deduction is not for some type of medical insurance. The union tells us that this money will be returned later with the union pension.
But if I am already retired and I am not a member of the union, the union should not continue to withhold money. That’s my point

I have read all your comments, but that $ 70 deduction is not for some type of medical insurance. The union tells us that this money will be returned later with the union pension.
But if I am already retired and I am not a member of the union, the union should not continue to withhold money. That’s my point
Maybe your plan had a pension cut?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is the pension run by the company or union?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sad.. Same Company,same Union, and prices all over the map...

Before you start a GoFundMe for him, keep in mind that his pension is among the highest in the country; that being said, $1,320/month is a LOT to pay for healthcare coverage.

I have to wonder how many his fellow retirees have decided to take their chances and opt out of coverage.