Union is done

Game

I love the old guard. You guys are great for a laugh. When this person refers to the "new UPS" they are talking about increased workloads and less routes. They are talking about the ability to watch every move you make based off a computer.

I like you. I do. You a great for a laugh. You have no idea what these guys are going through but to answer your question, no rtw would have held contracts back. They are making things garden now and your buddy Hoffa just set us back and quite possibly we may not recover from his weakness. Here is the thing you old guys don't get, it's not 30 years ago and you should be rewarded based off what you did 3 generations ago. I know it's shocking to hear but that's true.
Putting the contract aside. He did far more damage, than can be Imagined. He caused a strong division and lack of trust, for its members! also proved that he will not fight for a better contract. Just wait until 2018!

Big Bad Wolf

BBW,

Really???? A simple statement from a former Teamster and UPSer brings on this? He is simply stating he is shocked to see how this went down like the rest of us. In rtw states there really isn't a benefit to being in the union. I wish rtw would be outlawed by the federal government. Exactly how is he a scab or a thief? Please explain because I have to hear this reasoning.
If I knew then what I know now, I would work at UPS in a RTW state and never join the Union. Just saying...
So he wants to refrain from paying dues, yet he will reap all the reward that had been negotiated by the union. If he stated that he would negotiate his wages, working conditions, rights and benefits from scratch all on his own, then I wish him well. But I'm sure he is stating that he wants everything we have negotiated yet not pay $100 a month. That is theft of our resources. That is being Scabby McGee! Is this beyond your understanding?

Did I blow your house down?

Big Bad Wolf

Game

You made a funny. I admit I laughed out loud when I read your post. We do have a new UPS. The route I have went out with 110 deliveries just 5 years ago. Now that number is 140. We have new Teamsters too. You know this group. They give concessions and force contracts regardless how their membership feels. Where in his post did he reference poor conditions? Keep spinning the truth for your old friends.
It's not the unions fault that you are weak enough for them to control your stop count. You obviously succumb to pressure. Try to teach your kids differently.

Irishman Collins

I was looking over a couple freight contracts I picked up at the hall at the last meeting. Talk about concessions. They were dying and they did what they had to do. There is nothing like this in out contract. We make the best wage in the industry and our teamcare is second to none.

Your problem is you have been living high on the hog for so long that you have lost all touch with the world.
Damn right, and as long as U.P.S. is recording record profits I don't want to be treated like I work for Y.R.C.. I want to continue to be the highest paid drivers with the best benefits but if our current administration keeps it up we will be down to Fed Ex wages

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Damn right, and as long as U.P.S. is recording record profits I don't want to be treated like I work for Y.R.C.. I want to continue to be the highest paid drivers with the best benefits but if our current administration keeps it up we will be down to Fed Ex wages

Sent using BrownCafe App
Which way did wages go in this contract?

Up, the answer is up.

Inthegame

Sent using BrownCafe App
Was there a secret wage cut in the UPS deal?

Big Bad Wolf

Sent using BrownCafe App
Why, did you take a wage decrease or something?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I guess you missed that you are making about 8 bucks an hour more that anyone else with better benefits than anyone else as well.

What was once 8.5 has turned into 10.5 but you can believe what you want.
So what. Do your job by the methods. It's their bed let them lie in it. Ups is a school yard bully. You can always out smart the bully by playing the game and at the last minute when he swings you duck and punch him in the throat. Then they move on too the next guy.