Union issues

Inthegame

All the union want is our money, none of them has ever done our job or could do our job!!! Niether side cares about us, UPS has just found out the more they put in the truck, less trucks that they use, will make them more money. The union says,"GO FOR IT BECAUSE WE NEED YOUR MONEY, PERIOD.".
Every BA I've known has come from the crafts, most often with experience as pt and ft. UPS always knew the efficiencies of heavy volume and OT, they relearn that lesson every peak. The Union increases revenues with more members, not less. That's three whiffs Casey, you're out.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
All the union want is our money, none of them has ever done our job or could do our job!!! Niether side cares about us, UPS has just found out the more they put in the truck, less trucks that they use, will make them more money. The union says,"GO FOR IT BECAUSE WE NEED YOUR MONEY, PERIOD.".

Every BA I've known has come from the crafts, most often with experience as pt and ft. UPS always knew the efficiencies of heavy volume and OT, they relearn that lesson every peak. The Union increases revenues with more members, not less. That's three whiffs Casey, you're out.

How does the initiation fee for all new union employees factor into the equation in regards to the totally believable enormous turnover rate of UPS part time employees?
Does this trend offset the presence of high seniority part time employees?
Could it be that the IBT not only doesn't care about part time employees, but also profits from them not being involved?
​We always knew that it was the case in reality, but have we ever pondered the possibility that it was by design?
Follow the money.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Does anyone else feel that the union is selling out to UPS? In my center, 95 and 8 hr day grievances don't get paid. Excessive overtime is rampant and our union doesn't do a damn thing about it. I personally have outstanding grievances from 2 years ago that I can't get heard beyond our ass of a center manager. Just thought I would check to see how everyone else feels.:angry::angry::angry:
pissedoffupser,

Here is a good write up. The term "business unionism" is used a lot. It makes sense to me.

It makes a lot of excellent points.

It is long but it is a good read.

Sincerely,
I

Attachments

• BEHIND_THE_BROWN_CURTAIN.pdf
    147 KB · Views: 125

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I,

Why would you take the liberty of adding 3:angry:'s to your quote of pissedoffupser's post?

Are you now misrepresenting the OP?

Sincerely,
BH

Inthegame

How does the initiation fee for all new union employees factor into the equation in regards to the totally believable enormous turnover rate of UPS part time employees?
Does this trend offset the presence of high seniority part time employees?
Could it be that the IBT not only doesn't care about part time employees, but also profits from them not being involved?
​We always knew that it was the case in reality, but have we ever pondered the possibility that it was by design?
Follow the money.
I'm guessing you meant "unbelievable enormous turnover rate". Initiation rules are followed by locals according to their bylaws (some reduce initiation for PT hires) and the IBT Constitution. Waivers of the Constitution rules are granted exclusively by the GEB. Most locals do indeed benefit from initiation fees if new members decide they don't want the job. If those decisions are made within the first thirty days, new members don't pay initiation. After that, locals without waivers must charge initiation and must remit the prescibed % to the IBT. Some locals in RTW states don't charge initiation at all. Newly organized groups are often waived.

This is across the board stuff for ALL new members (not just UPS) though so I'm not sure any conspired design is involved. How does the IBT know new UPS pt's will quit?

As far as not caring about pt members, every contract since the 70's has contained language improvements for pt's, even though it's well known pt's are limited in electoral interest. If the IBT didn't care, it's hard to imagine any efforts being made to improve the PT position.

Does anyone else feel that the union is selling out to UPS? In my center, 95 and 8 hr day grievances don't get paid. Excessive overtime is rampant and our union doesn't do a damn thing about it. I personally have outstanding grievances from 2 years ago that I can't get heard beyond our ass of a center manager. Just thought I would check to see how everyone else feels.:angry::angry::angry:
In my local we don't take any ****. If they(ups) want some they deal with the King Of Ohio.