Union Lazyness

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Do your job and let management, well, manage? If you feel the need to worry about the productivity of others perhaps you should pursue a career in it, otherwise worry about yourself when it comes to the level of production another employee does.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
thats not lazy.... That's stealing time
Not necessarily. Depends on what they're supposed to be doing. When I did low-volume pickoff there would be times when I would be sitting on a load stand eating a snack while watching a tv show on my phone. Granted half an hour later my arms would be a blur from furiously sorting when the next wave of stuff came.

Future

Victory Ride
e65e49da811eb0f1c71d2cd02c2eb56d.jpg

Indecisi0n

How do you guys deal with the slow pokes, clock milkers, lazy fizucks, and high seniority coworkers that use seniority as a way to screw others.

I try to ignore it...

Milking the clock isnt bad, but some ups employees take it wayyy to far, and others get screwed.

Sent using Ink and Canvas

Why don't you come to the gym with me this weekend? I will out lift you so much it will make you look like a small weak scrawny b#$#@. You wont even come close to what I bench/squat/deadlift/row.

Now honestly will it make you look weak? Well yes but the point is we are all different and we all work at different paces. Just because one guy can do 20 stops and hour doesn't mean another physically can do that. Do us all a favor and worry about yourself and ONLY yourself.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How do you guys deal with the slow pokes, clock milkers, lazy fizucks, and high seniority coworkers that use seniority as a way to screw others.

I try to ignore it...

Milking the clock isnt bad, but some ups employees take it wayyy to far, and others get screwed.

Don't you get paid by the hour? Why do you care what about what I'm doing? You really are ticked at management cutting the start time aren't you? If everyone would slow down their attempt to cut hours would backfire.

The Driver

I drive.
When I'm done and going to the my locker and then washing my hands at the end of the day, there is a guy who works in the hub who comes in to the bathroom who just stands there putting water in his hair and slicking it back. And repeating several times. I've seen this go on for 10-15 minutes at a time. So my question is, why am I the only one that sees this?!?!?!

9.gif

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
For preloaders its common in my little hub. In fact our management occasionally hooks us up with McDonalds breakfast sandwiches and burritos while we are working.
As long as you are not stacking out, you can eat/drink while working.
I've been eating on the clock for years. As long as you work while eating (hence nothing that's messy or requires utensils) ...sups don't care.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
...or could it be a collective "good enough" attitude...?
Good enough by whos standards, the union or management? China is a great example, it's under a communist regime yet they have a greater capitalist attitude than perhaps anyone in the world.

Another example is myself, I'll make well over 100k this year yet do you see me saying "the union promotes everyone to only make 80k average?" Find in the contract or where any business agent says, "Just do the minimum"

Another example that just came to mind that you can relate to, unpaid days off. The union supplies language to allow people to get their 8hrs a day yet people scramble to go home without pay because they are "happy getting by". The union in this example is promoting a higher work ethic than these individuals yet they choose to be "mediocre". That's like saying the union promotes mediocrity by negotiationing high wages so we only have to work 3 days a week.

Last edited:

UPSBOT

When UPS Was Fun

I try to ignore it...

Attachments

• IMG_20141109_121119_902.jpg
    IMG_20141109_121119_902.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 116

Overpaid Union Thug

I try to ignore it...

Some have disagreed but I know exactly what you are talking about. Those people absolutely do exist. Luckily they are in the minority but the worst ones of the bunch are the problem. Their actions (or maybe I should say lack thereof) affects others and that makes it everyone else's business.

There used to be a guy in the Whites Creek, Tn hub that was a perfect example of this and I know there are more than a few from that building on this forum and they will probably laugh at what I'm about to say because I'm pretty sure they'll all know exactly who I'm talking about. He was an "irreg" train driver. Anytime something got screwed up the rest of the "Irregs" or anyone else affected would say.....Well, it couldn't have been <******> because he doesn't do anything." He was a nice guy and all that but virtually worthless once he had gained allot of seniority. There seemed to be at least one of those in every department in that building. In areas where there were a higher concentration of higher seniority employees there were even more.

So, yes, there are lazy people at UPS. And the sad thing is that none of them were nearly as bad while they were working their way up the ladder.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good enough by whos standards, the union or management? China is a great example, it's under a communist regime yet they have a greater capitalist attitude than perhaps anyone in the world.

Another example is myself, I'll make well over 100k this year yet do you see me saying "the union promotes everyone to only make 80k average?" Find in the contract or where any business agent says, "Just do the minimum"

Another example that just came to mind that you can relate to, unpaid days off. The union supplies language to allow people to get their 8hrs a day yet people scramble to go home without pay because they are "happy getting by". The union in this example is promoting a higher work ethic than these individuals yet they choose to be "mediocre". That's like saying the union promotes mediocrity by negotiationing high wages so we only have to work 3 days a week.

"Promoting mediocrity" has nothing to do with how much money you make. Or does it?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
"Promoting mediocrity" has nothing to do with how much money you make. Or does it?
Your definition of "enough money" per paycheck differs from mine, I'm not telling you your check is mediocre, it may be just fine for you. In other words, you don't get to decide what mediocre is for someone else just because it's less or more than what you bring in, same goes for work output.

Omega man

I try to ignore it...

How are these so called lazy people affecting you?
Are you doing the full and complete job or are you racing around just to get done? Is this the gauge by which you judge others?
If you feel you are being given extra work because of the actions of others be grateful. Many of us fought hard for that work.
It sucks being low in seniority but we all were there. One day you will think differently.