Union Politics - IRB busts the Ohio Confrence of Teamsters

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Any luck on finding one post where I defended thug actions? I didn't think so.

By the way, have you ever heard of the old adage (look it up) "it's better to remain silent and appear the fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt"? It fits you to a T...

I'm not from an Ohio local, but if I were, I wouldn't want to golf with you either.
So you will remain silent at the Old Guard ripping off the Ohio Teamsters?

I see.

That really says a lot about you Game.

Inthegame

So you will remain silent at the Old Guard ripping off the Ohio Teamsters?

I see.

That really says a lot about you Game.
Does it say that I'd prefer caution over conjecture when serious allegations are made? I know you shoot first and ask questions later but most rational folks would take a different approach. Some of us came out of the cave.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Does it say that I'd prefer caution over conjecture when serious allegations are made? I know you shoot first and ask questions later but most rational folks would take a different approach. Some of us came out of the cave.
These are not allegations.

These are charges.

Brought by the IRB.

They are guilty.

Just waiting for a plea deal or their day in court.

But I don't expect you to say much about this.......ever.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Are you from an Ohio local? Is one of your principal officers part of this Ohio Conference?

If you are, were you invited to any these golf tournament's?

Were you provided with a nice set of golf clubs, golf polo shirts, golf gloves, golf shoes, nice expensive hats and balls? How about one of those nice expensive towels to wipe off the sweat from the Ohio humidity?

When I inquired if I could attend the golf event I was blown off. Oh but UPS management sure got invited. I wonder how many of the awful loyalists on this site and members of an Ohio local were invited and received these wonderful perks?

Now they can't even come here and defend their hofficers for stealing all that money. There's only one word for their actions...theft!

These "seven Ohio thieves" certainly won't be at next year's convention yelling: awful...awful...awful as delegates. They'll either be on the sidelines or in jail where they belong!
I have played in the Ohio Conference Golf Outing several times and it was open to any Ohio Teamsters who chose to register.
Each local received a flyer to distribute to the membership.
If you didn't see it, talk to your local.
It was a great outing and was well run each time I participted, and I can say with great certainty that there was never any UPS managers at these outings.
There was typically a nice mixture of active members and retirees.
I last played in it in 2014 and it was not completely filled, so I'm not sure why you were shunned, but I have a couple theories.

For some reason, it was cancelled this year to my dismay?
I couldn't figure out why, until now.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
With the entire EB of the Ohio Conference busted that means seven hofficers from that state will go down in shame for this scam. Where are all the apologists? These guys make the Boston Bully and the 326 Belly Button Thug look like monks!
It's Union Officer corruption
Par for the course
Reelected by a landslide

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
These are not allegations.

These are charges.

Brought by the IRB.

They are guilty.

Just waiting for a plea deal or their day in court.

But I don't expect you to say much about this.......ever.
It's a report, stemming from an IRB investigation.
The charges will come from within, unless it's criminal charges.
They are likely coming, but don't get ahead of yourself.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I just read the entire IRB report on PDF.
Oh my!!!!

Aw.... naïvety is kind of cute. ;)

@BigUnionGuyWhat's your take?

I read it.

To me, it looks like routine permissible expenditures.

The problem the IRB has, is the lack of proper documentation.

Giving away hats and towels to members, at a golf outing ? So what.

Providing shirts for elected delegates at the convention ?

Most Conferences and Joint Councils do. Look around the room there.

Purchasing a set of golf clubs to be given as a prize, in a 50/50 drawing ? No big deal.

But, you need a paper trail to prove it was for the benefit of the members.

Or, had a Union purpose.

For example, Bubble you won this golf bag;

Sign the ledger with your name, last 4# of your SS, and the company you work for.

Problem solved.

Most (if not all) Locals do the same thing.

Whether it be a golf outing, a Christmas party, a Labor Day event, etc.

There are a few things, that left me scratching my head.

No.... You can't use the conference credit card to buy lunch for the wives. Stupid.

That amount will have to be reimbursed.

Bill L. allowing them to use a stamp for his signature.

Well.... He's 4 hours away.

The past President, Rodger I. was in Cincinnati. The same office.

Sounds like a cost saving measure. A lot of Locals do it.

Charlie C. not receiving a salary from his Local, and making him ineligible ?

He should have been paid a nominal amount.

I know him personally. Good guy.

As far as, the recording-secretary not having "verbatim minutes" of the E-board ?

Now, they might have to. Hiring a court reporter costs money.

These "seven Ohio thieves" certainly won't be at next year's convention yelling: awful...awful...awful as delegates. They'll either be on the sidelines or in jail where they belong!

You're over-estimating your opinion.

What you, and every other Ohio Teamster should be concerned with....

Who is the rat, pretending to be a Teamster ?

-Bug-

Inthegame

I last played in it in 2014 and it was not completely filled, so I'm not sure why you were shunned, but I have a couple theories.

For some reason, it was cancelled this year to my dismay?
I couldn't figure out why, until now.
How about we plan a Brown Cafe golf outing. I'll be in your foursome with BUG and Lead Belly. Photog can caddy for our group. Of course to save money we'll play in Detroit in January.

image.png
It's corruption at its highest levels. H is aware of it but turns a blind eye to it when his buddies are involved.
Don't get ahead of yourself sparky. Remember how stupid you like pmed last time you posted?

Spongebob1

Tag team brothers are at again,.... If the report is accurate then he is correct,.... It's a perfect example why some, if not most get upset over "abuse of power"
"abuse of spending" members have taken concessions while P.O'ers spend, that doesn't sit well with most members,...... I'm waiting to here the final results,

10,.... Your absolutely right, if this was T.S. they would be acting like pit bulls on here!

5habits100

It always does.
But, if this investigation involved Sylvester it would be blown up all over this forum and he would be hung on a political rope every ten minutes.

We hope it's not true (all of it) but yes, time will tell.

Poor timing for retirees to see these allegations.
My best guess is there will be plenty more on Sylvester before the election is over.
It is always poor timing for this kind of stuff.
Only one person on the Conference is running for international office. I think he has other issues that he is dealing with. Way worse than these allegations in my opinion.

5habits100

Tag team brothers are at again,.... If the report is accurate then he is correct,.... It's a perfect example why some, if not most get upset over "abuse of power"
"abuse of spending" members have taken concessions while P.O'ers spend, that doesn't sit well with most members,...... I'm waiting to here the final results,

10,.... Your absolutely right, if this was T.S. they would be acting like pit bulls on here!
So have at it.