Union Politics - UPS Pilots Union has called for a strike vote!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What about the mechanics? See, mechanics are even thought of when considering the pecking order.

"What about me Bub?" I hear alot of I's and me's, during my working hours. Everyone thinks their the best. "Im the best around, nothing is ever going to take me down." I like to think all UPS employees sing that in their heads while on the clock.

I didn't list mechanics in the pecking order because they, in a sense, are almost like outside contractors.

Almost like porters and clerks.

But don't take that the wrong way. Without mechanics, pilots could not fly. Drivers could not drive. We need mechanics but they are in a class all by themselves, in a good way.

iowa boy

Its a class C license. No need to add, Non CDL. She couldnt drive past 12am, I guess that would be the difference. Package car drivers arent required to have a special license, lets not pretend they do.

Here in Iowa I am required to have a different license than a 16 year old girl to drive a PC.

Gear

Parts on Order
I didn't list mechanics in the pecking order because they, in a sense, are almost like outside contractors.

Almost like porters and clerks.

But don't take that the wrong way. Without mechanics, pilots could not fly. Drivers could not drive. We need mechanics but they are in a class all by themselves, in a good way.

I didnt think you were being rude. I agree with your pecking order. We're all needed. But if all hourly employees were put in the pecking order, I think pilots would be above all us ground pounders. Pecking order should go by how hard you are to replace, not seniority. I cant see to many scabs coming in to replace a pilot on strike.

EasyTrucker

I didnt think you were being rude. I agree with your pecking order. We're all needed. But if all hourly employees were put in the pecking order, I think pilots would be above all us ground pounders. Pecking order should go by how hard you are to replace, not seniority. I cant see to many scabs coming in to replace a pilot on strike.
Scabs won't play a part in this, because if they go on strike, we go on strike, and then there is no volume to be flown around the world!