Union Politics - UPS Pilots Union has called for a strike vote!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Scabs won't play a part in this, because if they go on strike, we go on strike, and then there is no volume to be flown around the world!

Absolutely true, the Teamsters have already announced their support for the pilots if they strike.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Are you inferring, that if the pilots strike (and the Teamsters support them)

That.... it means UPS Teamsters would strike also ?

Help me out.

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Scabs won't play a part in this, because if they go on strike, we go on strike, and then there is no volume to be flown around the world!

H did not say that we will strike. Contractually, we cannot.

H did say that we will support the pilots and refuse to cross any picket line.

So even if scabs fly the planes, who will pickup, sort and deliver the air?

No Teamster will.

Good luck with that UPS.

Ups should settle that contract. 4 years is a load of crap. Somehow Fedex can settle their contract and Fred S spends millions a year on right to work and all kinds of anti unions legislation. Their contract is settled. Shame on ups.

RealPerson

H did not say that we will strike. Contractually, we cannot.

H did say that we will support the pilots and refuse to cross any picket line.

So even if scabs fly the planes, who will pickup, sort and deliver the air?

No Teamster will.

Good luck with that UPS.

So if there is a picket line outside your operation, you do not go to work.
That is what the pilots did here. We had a small crew with a line at the airport and they did not cross.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So if there is a picket line outside your operation, you do not go to work.
That is what the pilots did here. We had a small crew with a line at the airport and they did not cross.

Exactly.

And all the major hubs will have pilots picketing, effectively shutting UPS down.

But even if they did not picket the hubs, the air operation is shut down and UPS will pay a price that their checkbook cannot afford.

EasyTrucker

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Are you inferring, that if the pilots strike (and the Teamsters support them)

That.... it means UPS Teamsters would strike also ?

Help me out.

-Bug-
If there is a picket line at your building, and there will be if they strike, you will join it or cross it? The pilots aren't going to just picket airports.

Gear

Parts on Order
If there is a picket line at your building, and there will be if they strike, you will join it or cross it? The pilots aren't going to just picket airports.

Any union member who crosses a picket line should have their cards pulled immediately, which in closed shops results in loss of job. The, "I live paycheck paycheck and have a family," line doesnt mean crap. So do most American workers. This is the same guy who always uses words like, "me" and "I", and never attends a union meeting buy insist on complaining on union matters.

rod

Retired 22 years
At least the pilots are using their heads------they are talking about shutting down during peak. The 2 ground strikes I went through were done during a time frame when no one really cared.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It should be asked why ups has dragged this out for so long...it's just like when the 250 guys in New York walked out. The original driver was told by mgt he could start early, then they walked him out... Huh what sense does that make. Maybe it's the company that has the problem not the other way around