Union problem with Moving positions in building

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You don't even want to go there.

That's in the realm of an ADA accommodation, which you must request and be approved for.

You bid a specific 22.3 job.... and are in it until you bid out. Thats the way it works.
Always a surprise when employees don’t realize an ADA may not be what you want, and sometimes takes way longer than they think to get. Haven’t seen anyone totally happy with the outcome, especially full time employees that get restricted hours by a doctor.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Always a surprise when employees don’t realize an ADA may not be what you want, and sometimes takes way longer than they think to get. Haven’t seen anyone totally happy with the outcome, especially full time employees that get restricted hours by a doctor.

ADA accommodations were easy to get back in the mid 90's.

Now, you need a stack of medical documentation. You also have to be able to prove how it disables you

in your daily life.... Not just at work.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Maybe I didn’t explain it right. It’s not my personal opinion. If there are new hires and supervisors working in smalls sort , and I of an advanced age with 25+ years of seniority and a health condition albeit a minor one should continue to do the much harder and heavier job?
You’re in Local 804 right? I understand your point. Taking the age of the employee into consideration and yes you have more seniority than some new PT hire in small sort. If you were a part timer instead of a 22.3, you could get moved to a less strenuous assignment. I used to be in 804 and did exactly that.

But because you’re 22.3 and bid on a job, I’m not sure how that works, or if you could get yourself reassigned. Talk to your BA. @Big Arrow Down...D might able to get you in touch with someone from the Union.

UPSER1987

Not what he wants it to say.

Kind of what I thought.

How dare the Union waste their time trying to save someones job. They are "problematic" and should be fired.

They really should be focused on getting you to small sort where you belong.

Never mind the fact, you signed a 22.3 bid that gave a description of the jobs you were bidding....
The OP is paying for service he is not receiving. Why shouldn’t he be selfish? How would you feel in the same situation? So he should just keep paying union dues and in return his union does nothing but babysit some turd?

You didn’t put much thought in your response lol.

542thruNthru

The OP is paying for service he is not receiving. Why shouldn’t he be selfish? How would you feel in the same situation? So he should just keep paying union dues and in return his union does nothing but babysit some turd?

You didn’t put much thought in your response lol.
Are you a driver today or a division manager? Just want to know so I can respond to your post correctly.

It must be exhausting being so many different lies.

Last edited:

UPSER1987

Fortunately, that's not your decision to make.

Because that's not how Unions work.

I don't have to justify any of my statements to a low level management person.

Better luck next time.
Typical fluff response when you have nothing to offer.

Hopefully for the OP, there is a bigger union guy that actually gets :censored2: done lol

NYJetsfan87

You’re in Local 804 right? I understand your point. Taking the age of the employee into consideration and yes you have more seniority than some new PT hire in small sort. If you were a part timer instead of a 22.3, you could get moved to a less strenuous assignment. I used to be in 804 and did exactly that.

But because you’re 22.3 and bid on a job, I’m not sure how that works, or if you could get yourself reassigned. Talk to your BA. @Big Arrow Down...D might able to get you in touch with someone from the Union.
Thank you for the response. I am the first to admit I wasn’t 100% aware of the rules. I never really needed to know the rules or needed the union until now. I never had to deal with the full time supervisor from the smalls sort area until recently. He’s a very bad person in general. I think the union needs to change the rules. I understand I agreed to a certain position. That being said nobody explained that to me. Neither management or the union. I got that information from this forum. In my opinion a part time employee in their 20’s with less then a year on the job shouldn’t have an easier job and job preference over someone with 25+ years on the job that’s in in the late 50’s.