Union said it will not represent me at panel

LagunaBrown

Sounds like the UPS agent Gram at Local 952! He puts 2 members against each other and just watches the company give them discipline and then fails to do anything about it. Then fails to represent another member when a manager shoves him after a meeting, further more tells the company to DQ a driver because he doesn't like him.
1TBnbnnZeOgs8.gif

C'mon puppet..... Your nose is growing.

Last edited:
i was discharge in feb 10th for sighning for packeges and was given article 50. i was able to get my job back, and 3 weeks after coming back i had late air but i didnt know that if i pre-record the air stop and brought it back up it was going to show late. i didnt know that because when i got trainned my sup showed me to use the pre-record button. anyways, what they said is that i violated the grivence with my union and ups because of that. now my case is going to the panel but i didnt do any of what happened last time, i just had a late air!!! has anyone had a simular cituation or a simular one? anybody knows what my chances are on this case in terms of winning the case and not losing my job? btw case in in june. union rep told me he was going to postpone the case to june so that i can have some time to do everything right.
Tell us the rest of the story

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
i was discharge in SNIP for sighning for packeges and was given article 50. i was able to get my job back, and SNIP after coming back i had late air but i didnt know that if i pre-record the air stop and brought it back up it was going to show late. i didnt know that because when i got trainned my sup showed me to use the pre-record button. anyways, what they said is that i violated the grivence with my union and ups because of that. now my case is going to the panel but i didnt do any of what happened last time, i just had a late air!!! has anyone had a simular cituation or a simular one? anybody knows what my chances are on this case in terms of winning the case and not losing my job? btw case in in SNIP union rep told me he was going to postpone the case to SNIP so that i can have some time to do everything right.

Sounds like the company is going to try and fire you on the basis of repeated dishonesty. You probably should take the specific dates out of your post and not post any extensive details.

On the surface, it doesn't sound good. Having some seniority under your belt and an otherwise clean record would help. Whatever you do, don't lie at the panel.

Last edited:

UniteandWin

Everyone should pay close attention to this post, a lot of posters immediately took the side of the company, that being im sure there is a lot more to story, there always is, I've dealt with 11 years as a steward. There are retreat to survive situations, there are offensive grievances and stand your ground grievances. The thing that bothers me the most about the post is, 3 sups on an observation? That smells funny ?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UniteandWin

I don't know this member or what local he is in. If have any advice for members feeling harassed: notes and records, , witnesses, safety, article 37, calm and cool, and then more safety( use the safety they shove down your throat against them) . Being a Upser is chess not checkers

Sent using BrownCafe App

babboo25

Banned
Everyone should pay close attention to this post, a lot of posters immediately took the side of the company, that being im sure there is a lot more to story, there always is, I've dealt with 11 years as a steward. There are retreat to survive situations, there are offensive grievances and stand your ground grievances. The thing that bothers me the most about the post is, 3 sups on an observation? That smells funny ?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Clearly he has a past history of discipline, made himself a target. You would be a fool to not expect to be followed and how do you not notice a car following you around. If he did see them why didn't he follow methods 100%. Its not that hard, do your job and go home.

barnyard

KTM rider
Not only that, but if you JUST finished with a panel and are confronted by 3 members of upper management, the correct response is: yes sir and no sir; while standing at the completely neutral parade rest.

You know me...
I'll take a stab at getting the missing info...

When you got your job back at panel, did you go back to work the next day and joke about it? Tell everyone about how you beat the company? Maybe even talk a little trash about the supervisor that fired you?

Remember this inalienable truth: Management HATES being wrong, and It's your job to do everything in your power to prove that they actually were wrong. Because you best believe that they are going to do everything in their power to prove that they were right.

Don't help them.

Harrassment can happen in one conversation.........what did you say or do for ups to bring up you harassing them and workplace violence? Or are they lying and you didn't say or do anything
listen, i don't know if burned twice used his or her rights for union representation when he or she were followed but when you are cornered by three managers, two of them need BAs present. Its had to fire a driver for any reason because they can all come up with the same story.

That said sounds like burned twice is a pawn in the chess game or bissed off the company and union. I always say if you keep your back yard clean, you can biss off the company all the time and you are in good shape with a target on your back but if you piss off the union. You are toast!

Is it wrong what the company and the union are doing? Yes! That being said, burned and if you get your job back COVER YOUR BASS! Do the job right or stop doing what they don't like you doing. GOOD LUCK!

Why did you say that ups is not for me 3done 3 to go? you dont even know me

I think he meant in the fair way Trouble with Union is not good they will not protetc a problem child they will let you go it on your own to save someone else it is called bargaining. UPs the company has laywers on stand by all day long they have the money and they pprotect them selves . Concentrate on doing your job at 100% percent and leave the other things alone . a wise head is a still tongue.
People get all hyped up I am going do this and that instead of keeping a low profile do your job and get out . You are burning yourself up . Know you union rules. read your atricles and know them by heart . Follow and stop trying to Bogard the Union or management . You are the problem and noone wants a problem child sorry . Keep you nose clean and do the work and will survive do not be loud . You put your business out there now . Wish you luck ..........

22.34life

While I'm sure like a lot of others on this thread that theirs more to this story the issue is not taking the case to panel.before going to the labor board and all that b.s talk to ur local president next step would be contact the international.
Good luck your gonna need it

22.34life

All this lawyer talk is ridiculous.lawyers are not more likely to take a case on when theirs a union involved,on the contrary they are less likely, you already have rights that go far above and beyond labor laws.

22.34life

I would think your b.a and local would have a legal contractual obligation to represent you to the best of their ability.that means exhausting all means to get your job reinstated.

cb1969

Had a talk with business agent today and he told me that he would not take my case before the panel. Said he doesnt think that the case can be won. Because I had just been to panel back in March. Has anybody ever heard of this and can this be done not representing union member?
Yes and on more than one occasion...there is nothing you can do if the BA want...The NLRB will not help either but you can file a compliant with them on the 1% chance they decide to help