Union said it will not represent me at panel

10 point

was ask do u think u can finish route and answer was yes
And you didn't get to finish the route?
Taken off road that day, not threat of discipline, was told to report to work the next mourning, question was asked several times should i report to work in the mourning and the answer was YES you are scheduled to work in the mourning
And then, after claiming workplace violence/harassment against you they allowed you to come back on to the property, be present with other employees, and then took you out of service?

It doesn't work that way.
This is not adding up.

browned out

After you hire a lawyer; request info from UPS on all drivers violations recorded in the center and what discipline they received. File a NLRB complaint against the union for not representing you. Ask for the records of all drivers speeds while driving the UPS truck. Why weren't those drivers disciplined for not following prescribed methods and procedures? Ask to see all drivers lunch periods and when lunch was taken. Their speeding is a safety violation that puts the general public in danger. Your offenses were minor compared to speeding when the method is to go the speed limit or 1mph under. UPS will state the records don't exist but they do. and any decent lawyer can find the meta data that UPS states does not exist.

Burned twice

After you hire a lawyer; request info from UPS on all drivers violations recorded in the center and what discipline they received. File a NLRB complaint against the union for not representing you. Ask for the records of all drivers speeds while driving the UPS truck. Why weren't those drivers disciplined for not following prescribed methods and procedures? Ask to see all drivers lunch periods and when lunch was taken. Their speeding is a safety violation that puts the general public in danger. Your offenses were minor compared to speeding when the method is to go the speed limit or 1mph under. UPS will state the records don't exist but they do. and any decent lawyer can find the meta data that UPS states does not exist.

thanks for the info will do

10 point

nope didnt finish,

yes that is exactly what happened
Then they are sunk imo.

Get a hold of a labor Atty from a large city and tell them your issue. The first visit should be free.

Proceed from there but do what they tell you and direct them to the CBA on Teamsters.org that covers your area. File for unemployment anyway. Take notes on everything.
Everything.
Call the IBT corp office and ask for the package division, tell them what your BA said and your whole story.
At least give corp folks a chance to lean on your local.
Elections are around the corner.

clean hairy

Maybe he was put on a last chance in March, and was under the microscope to make sure he was following all proper methods?
Just not enough info to really figure this one out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Love ya to death dude, but its them Schmucks down in Atlanta that start all these childish uncalled for Kindergarten Cops BS MIND GAMES ya know. You know its true dude so don't even deny it. Like I said were cool and I respect ya dude, so not hating on you but you know its true, all uncalled for all the time. Grownasczz men and women not a bunch of kids. Are there a few bad apples in the bunch that need it? Of course there are dude.
Its because they hate us and they play these games because they think we make too much money. That's the honest truth. Their mind control freaks. They think since you make so much money they think and want to control every aspect of your life, kinda like a HIGH PAID SLAVE dude. You better hurry up and learn the game YOUNG SKYWALKER if you get your job back.

You do realize that this thread is about the Teamster BA telling @Burned twice that he and the Union will not represent him at panel.

Hmmm .........

Or were you talking about the Teamsters ... if so, never mind.

jamescasey420

Had a talk with business agent today and he told me that he would not take my case before the panel. Said he doesnt think that the case can be won.
Park your car out in front of his house then ring the door bell and ask him then.
Had a talk with business agent today and he told me that he would not take my case before the panel. Said he doesnt think that the case can be won. Because I had just been to panel back in March. Has anybody ever heard of this and can this be done not representing union member?
I would show up to work or talk to payroll and see how they code you. Make sure your address is current on your place of residence. Because there next move might be to give you a NDA letter no sig req. and that will be your job abandonment paperwork for not going to work. Call your local labor relations board. Get a lawyer. Tell you center manager that's some really soft sheets on his bed.

jamescasey420

If they want you gone, they throw the book at you to make things stick. Don't know if this person is a good employee or a bad employee. Also don't know if there is more or less to the story. Just know he might need to get a lawyer and if ups wants you gone they do all they can to make it happen.
Good or Bad Employee is not supposed to exist, With all that union representation and that nice contract that no one voted on.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I told him that when the meeting was rapping up today and he tells me well I will tell you this that I have never lost a case before. He really just blew it off like he doesnt care.

So your ba has had nlrb involved before? Sounds like a winner

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Doesn't the BA have a legal responsibility to represent a Union employee for which he is responsible?

I'd contact the NLRB and haul that donut eating fatass into court. Bastard!

So the Union should throw money out the window defending a guy who clearly has no business working here?

It sounds to me like this BA has the business sense to know that this case is a loser.

UPSGUY72

Then why would they take his dues if they were not going give him proper representation. Will they refund those dues?

The dues are are set up as a automatic monthly deduction. The OP is still in the union he could still keep his job if he wins at the panel. However that is very unlikely as his BA has said most likely due to his past disciplinary problems. The BA told the OP that the Union wouldn't represent him because there is probably no defense to present to the panel....

UPSGUY72

Doesn't the BA have a legal responsibility to represent a Union employee for which he is responsible?

I'd contact the NLRB and haul that donut eating fatass into court. Bastard!

They do..

The Union has represented this OP well in the past he been to a panel at least once we know of and I'm sure he has been in need of a BA quite a few times over the years...

However at some point there is nothing the union could say or due to get a person there job back. The OP seems to be at that point...