United Problem Sovlers?

arice11

I caught a glimpse of an article on this site titled "united problem solvers" I not only find that absolutely bonkers but its also a little bit true in that UPS is reactive instead of proactive.
When I get pulled into the office to do a DOK test I'm shocked at how much important stuff is left out to be replaced by the monotonous fluff.
If our center is indeed years behind other buildings as far as safety is concerned, than the CHSP's duty should be to raise awareness solve the problem rather than having employees fill out 9 questions only to be given the answer sheet and a small lecture from a :censored2:-bag safety coach who has only been there ac couple months.
Just what problems are they even addressing?

Indecisi0n

I remember when the safety committee wanted to promote the importance of eating a healthy breakfast by handing out snicker bars with safety notes on them at 8AM.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We never work like that. We react to things, the "spinning wheel of management", or "what's today's issue".

Don't worry about it because in a while, it will be something else.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I remember when the safety committee wanted to promote the importance of eating a healthy breakfast by handing out snicker bars with safety notes on them at 8AM.
You sure that was a snickers bar? Maybe the center manager was just happy to see you.

arice11

Really wish y'all would cut it out with that old story.
I'm not harassing nor have I harassed anyone at any time at this job.
It would be nice to have a conversation that doesn't involve a topic from a thread I posted months ago. Just saying.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Reactive instead of proactive is far from a just UPS thing. Being proactive costs a ton of money. There's a term "tombstone technology" which essentially means nothing changes until someone gets hurt or dies. That's how the world is now. Does it have to be that way? No. But it is.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Reactive instead of proactive is far from a just UPS thing. Being proactive costs a ton of money. There's a term "tombstone technology" which essentially means nothing changes until someone gets hurt or dies. That's how the world is now. Does it have to be that way? No. But it is.
UPS was very proactive this peak. Look how that turned out (Wall Street wise)

F

FrigidAdCorrector

UPS was very proactive this peak. Look how that turned out (Wall Street wise)
Yep. Wall Street should be thrilled we did what we did. It saved us from another PR disaster. Say what you want about UPS leadership, but I think they did an excellent job this past peak.

HardknocksUPSer

Yep. Wall Street should be thrilled we did what we did. It saved us from another PR disaster. Say what you want about UPS leadership, but I think they did an excellent job this past peak.
Excellent job hiring lots and lots of people, I'm thankful for that, I see them trying to save money at every corner, they told us that they can't afford to keep buying us preloaders sharpies if we use them too fast lol, like UPS will go broke buying sharpies..

box_beeyotch

Excellent job hiring lots and lots of people, I'm thankful for that, I see them trying to save money at every corner, they told us that they can't afford to keep buying us preloaders sharpies if we use them too fast lol, like UPS will go broke buying sharpies..

It does seem like lately they have gone extra cheapo with everything. Maybe that's the reasoning behind snow closures in certain areas. We work for a bunch of penny pinching slugs who could care less if we live or die.

I caught a glimpse of an article on this site titled "united problem solvers" I not only find that absolutely bonkers but its also a little bit true in that UPS is reactive instead of proactive.
When I get pulled into the office to do a DOK test I'm shocked at how much important stuff is left out to be replaced by the monotonous fluff.
If our center is indeed years behind other buildings as far as safety is concerned, than the CHSP's duty should be to raise awareness solve the problem rather than having employees fill out 9 questions only to be given the answer sheet and a small lecture from a :censored2:-bag safety coach who has only been there ac couple months.
Just what problems are they even addressing?
Are you integritys son????

HardknocksUPSer

It does seem like lately they have gone extra cheapo with everything. Maybe that's the reasoning behind snow closures in certain areas. We work for a bunch of penny pinching slugs who could care less if we live or die.
In my area we had 1in of snow and nobody showed up and management was understanding, 2 weeks later we had 6-7in of snow and they got pissed because people didn't show, it's ridiculous, they don't seem to mind handing out money for something they want, but if we want it or need it, different story.

Returntosender

United Problem Solvers.

Lakewood man’s persistence rejects potential settlement with UPS

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — UPS has paid off a claim by Shawn Wetherell to the tune of $2,300, for a shipment of family heirlooms that arrived damaged and broken. But Wetherell says the drama he had to go through since last January when he shipped nine boxes, which were packed by UPS and covered by their insurance, has left him simply shaking his head.

http://kdvr.com/2015/03/10/lakewood-mans-persistence-wins-shipping-dispute-with-ups/

T

Turdferguson

United Problem Solvers.

Lakewood man’s persistence rejects potential settlement with UPS

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — UPS has paid off a claim by Shawn Wetherell to the tune of $2,300, for a shipment of family heirlooms that arrived damaged and broken. But Wetherell says the drama he had to go through since last January when he shipped nine boxes, which were packed by UPS and covered by their insurance, has left him simply shaking his head.

http://kdvr.com/2015/03/10/lakewood-mans-persistence-wins-shipping-dispute-with-ups/
His check is from a UPS store. That's not UPS, if he was having trouble getting his claim paid, it would have been because they didn't want to pay him the money.
From what one of our LP people has told me UPS automatically pays out claims to UPS stores.