United Way Donations

Bottom rung

Why aren't employees given verification that thier donation has reached the appropriate non profit? There's a lot of folks who believe it's not going where they say.

O

OLDMAN3

$1.9 million distributed from United Way to Planned Parenthood in 2008. I can not support any charity that gives money to Planned Parenthood.

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center has been providing cases of bottled water throughout the summer. We have also been conducting a bottle drive with the proceeds going to UW. I have taken it upon myself to match the money raised in the bottle drive dollar for dollar---just over $50 thus far---and will add that to my total charitable contributions when I file my taxes.

[quote" MORION, post: 1402997, member: 53979"]$1.9 million distributed from United Way to Planned Parenthood in 2008. I can not support any charity that gives money to Planned Parenthood.[/quote]
That is a big issue,with me too. you want to get an abortion,thats their business.

Im not helping pay for it!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you prefer we go back to back-alley, coat hanger botch jobs?

Or would you prefer that we force the (often) unwed mother to carry her baby to term and then further force her to raise the (unwanted) child for 18 years, usually on welfare or some other form of public assistance?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
[quote" MORION, post: 1402997, member: 53979"]$1.9 million distributed from United Way to Planned Parenthood in 2008. I can not support any charity that gives money to Planned Parenthood.
That is a big issue,with me too. you want to get an abortion,thats their business.

Im not helping pay for it![/quote]
I don't support abortion either...but Planned Parenthood also provides low cost birth control and std testing....which is good for people without decent health insurance. There is a good side to them...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
CAM00017.jpg
I wonder how many food stamp cards i could trade the contents of that plastic bin for? lol

oldngray

nowhere special
Planned Parenthood’s claim that only 3 percent of its business is abortion is no different than if a car dealership claimed that it wasn’t really in the business of selling cars because the number of new car sales was only a fraction of its total services provided (financing cars, repairing cars, providing manufacture recommended maintenance for cars, cleaning car, and so forth). Of course no one would believe such an outrageous claim. Sure, a car dealership does all of those things, but its purpose is to sell cars.

The abortion industry is no different. The abortion industry, led by Planned Parenthood, is about committing abortion. Sure they provide some other services, but when your only self-sustaining revenue source is one thing and you are responsible for 40 percent of that one thing in the entire nation, that is what you are about. Planned Parenthood is about abortion.

According to Planned Parenthood’s own apologist, Media Matters, its “total revenue from abortion services was approximately $164,154,000,” a year. Accordingly, over 51 percent of Planned Parenthood’s clinic income comes from abortion.

40 percent of all reported abortions committed in the United States occur at a Planned Parenthood clinic, making it by far the largest abortion provider in America.

upschuck

I think if people get gov't assistance then the gov't should make them work for it. Something that would make them want to get a real job.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our center has been providing cases of bottled water throughout the summer. We have also been conducting a bottle drive with the proceeds going to UW. I have taken it upon myself to match the money raised in the bottle drive dollar for dollar---just over $50 thus far---and will add that to my total charitable contributions when I file my taxes.
Want a cookie?

What'dyabringmetoday???

:foamfinger:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think if people get gov't assistance then the gov't should make them work for it. Something that would make them want to get a real job.
No :censored2:. Make them upkeep their neighborhoods.

My guess is most would get "injured" ten minutes in and be back to something for nothing.

upschuck

No :censored2:. Make them upkeep their neighborhoods.

My guess is most would get "injured" ten minutes in and be back to something for nothing.
10 minutes is better than nothing. Hire a few fraud investigators, catch them doing something, and strip them of their assistance. In the end, save money.