Unjust Termination

Johnny Law is for the outside,we also have our own security patrols in the yard and in the bldg. I`m not worried about major violence but there are groups we tend to tiptoe around when in the building. Funny thing is when the bldg opened Willow Springs and Hodgkins were so happy to have the employment and tax base here that they even went so far as to inform their officers that as long as no other factors were involved during a traffic stop other than minor speeding or trimming a traffic light then UPS employees were to be given warnings only and released. But once the area crime began to climb,break ins,fights,drug sales,etc, and an interesting pattern of the arrested individuals happening to work at the bldg then it was major crack down time on everyone. When there are shift changes the cops come out of the woodwork and make their presence known in the lot. Sometimes people don`t even make it off property before they get tickets.

Cole

You will win it, but push for back pay, as the union often trades that away. They'll probably wait until right before it gets heard at panel, then drop it. If that happens, make sure you are adament about getting back pay. They have nothing and they know it, but they seem to be trying to scare people etc...

Hang in there. As far as sueing, it depends on the state, and the reason. It would be difficult in a right to work state, but nothings impossible.

Looks like you listed a couple of positives already.

If you believe the company that you work for is so immoral and so corrupt and you decide to ignore that point and continue working for them then what does that make you?

Despite that point I do agree with Tricks point to call a lawyer if the union grievance process is not working. I believe in this company but I definitely recognize that individuals in the company can make bad decisions.

Well said TieGuy, indididuals DO make BAD decisions in this company and when they affect an employee & his family the company goes on the defensive, lies and then try to wear you down so you give up. Thats a great way to motivate your employees. Trust me I know first hand.
Lawyers must make a fortune litigating & defending UPS If only the powers that be would communicate, fess up and try to right a bad decision employee moral would be so much better.
I used to be PROUD to say I worked for UPS but no more.

Braveheart

No It makes you and only you corrupt and immoral.

I don't believe this company is corrupt or immoral and would not be working for them if I did.

People are generally corrupted for money. You claim to be working for this company that you label negatively for the money. that makes you immoral too.
just because one works for ups it does not make one immoral or corrupt unless you help fester those negative attributes. some of us are here to show the others that you can fight the ones who are corrupt and immoral. but i assure you that there are those that are corrupt and immoral on both sides. the difference i notice is that the employee who is immoral and or corrupt is usually selfish to the extent that he may not be a team player and his actions negatively impact only a few co-workers and or customers. the manager who is corrupt and immoral negatively impacts all those around him. the manager is the one with all the power and while i wish that both were expelled from ups, i feel that the manager is the more damaging of the two. however i do see the driver that will sneek in and out of the building and avoid helping anyone. this same driver will not run down misloads, refuses to take extra efforts to alternate deliver boxes, uses excuses like nss, nsn, and so forth so they don't have to do the extra work. i was told that my managers found out about all his dishonesty and they did absolutetly nothing due to his pretty numbers. so who is more corrupt, the driver who commits the dishonest acts negatively impacting the fellow drivers around him and the customers who did not get their packages, or the managers who fester the dishonesty by looking the other way and failing to act. all it does is teach the drivers, mostly the young and newer ones that stops per hour are all that matter. by the way there were at least a dozen undelivered boxes to like 4 or 5 different customers. a couple were businesses. what happens is that our customers get fed up and go to the competition and or at least get their shipping charges refunded. the driver the next day has to deliver them costing us more money and as it turns out one of the businesses had moved and it was never really attempted or the dishonest driver would have seen the big sign on the door and got the box address corrected so it could have been delivered the next day on the right truck but nope, it is still on the wrong truck as closed 1. the higher one climbs up the corporate ladder, the more you can see his ass.

Braveheart

Sounds like you're trying to defend his dishonesty because we may be hiring employees who may have been convicted of a crime? Or drunk driving ?
well i am glad you included all the mangers and all their convictions as well. we got a couple in our building that were promoted despite their convictions.

Braveheart

Yeah.....and the company has never been known to drag their feet, stall and prolong a case when they (the company) thinks they (the company) might lose?
I've seen it too many times.
I've seen grievances stalled until right before they were to be heard then, suddenly, in the hallway outside the panel hearing room the Labor Manager runs up to the BA and announces the company will pay the grievance "....because it's the right thing to do", which, when translated, means "the company doesn't want to look like fools in front of the panel".
nicely said. if the company is not corrupt then why do they continue to pay out grievance after grievance. and not just the supervisor working grievances but working their favorites out of seniority order and so forth. then there are all the backpay and wrongful terminations and suspensions. the promotions that are out of seniority order are ones that they are paying lately too. then there was the IRS fines and hundreds of millions of dollars that ups tried to hide off shore. then there is the ups store lawsuit, workers comp issues, and even the times i have seen ups run off good hard working managers who are getting too close to retirement. they have even been running off younger managers who basically all told me that they were all told that either you do as the company wants and play ball or they will make their life a living hell until they do or qiut. by play ball i mean do whatever it takes to get the numbers where they want them, falsify records, timecards, lie, cheat, steal and intimidate the drivers one way or another into skipping lunch, work off the clock, falsify delivery records to hide misses and so forth. and yes i have caught management doing all of these. a few have even been fired once they were exposed while the bigs wigs deny any knowledge and are transfered to hide the whole mess. i have witnessed no fewer than 10 full time supervisors and managers quit over the last few years and all said that ups was inhumane, unethical, immoral, corrupt, law breaking, souless, company that they ever worked for. remember these were company men, most with over 10 years in management.

Last edited:

DS

Fenderbender
grievance.

favorites
seniority
backpay and wrongful terminations and suspensions.

then there is the ups store lawsuit,

living hell

falsify records, timecards, lie, cheat, steal and intimidate the drivers one way or another into skipping lunch, work off the clock, falsify delivery records to hide misses
inhumane, unethical, immoral, corrupt, law breaking, souless,

the 100yr celeb was fun today!