Unloading one's truck a disrespect?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I've realized that many drivers have the mentality that unloading anyone's trucks but theirs is a disrespect to them. When my sup is short on guys, he would ask some of the drivers if they would like to unload, the drivers would usually tell him that they won't unload anyone's trucks but theirs. Some would also joke with other drivers saying "I have seniority over you, go unload my truck". So is this mentality a culture nationwide at UPS?

I'd unload my truck everyday if they wanted. It would be slow as hell with a couple bathroom breaks but I'd love to do it. We don't have that option where I'm at. You must be in a real small center.

UPSGUY72

At $49.44 hr I would unload mine and the anyone else that needed to be unloaded. However they have people that due that in my building they also get paid a lot less than I do...

9.5er

We have a standing rule that if we pick up 35 pieces or less we are supposed to unload our trucks. Why they want to pay a driver OT instead of a part timer their regular pay I will never know.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
image-1.png

rod

Retired 22 years
Back before everything had a bar code on it we always unloaded our own pkgs at night. If you need off someone would always do it for you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have a standing rule that if we pick up 35 pieces or less we are supposed to unload our trucks. Why they want to pay a driver OT instead of a part timer their regular pay I will never know.
I guess I'm in the minority here. When I start the drive back to the building I go from work mode to GTF home mode and a few bucks ain't gonna change my mind.

Last edited:

9.5er

I agree Brownslave, I go into GTF home mode shortly after my lunch break. Unless I'm covering a route with drop boxes I try to get my pick ups done on the early side of the +15 min. window.