Unloading one's truck a disrespect?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You're not paid to understand....you're paid to move pacakages from here to there.

Moving pacakages?

waitress-serving-pancakes.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a standing rule that if we pick up 35 pieces or less we are supposed to unload our trucks. Why they want to pay a driver OT instead of a part timer their regular pay I will never know.

We are required to put our NDA and forever bags on the belt----beyond that they want us off the clock as soon as possible and would consider it stealing time if we chose to unload our own pkg cars.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We are required to put our NDA and forever bags on the belt----beyond that they want us off the clock as soon as possible and would consider it stealing time if we chose to unload our own pkg cars.
You're required to remove the empty forever bags? Why? Just curious....the drivers in my center usually leave them for the loaders to take out the next morning.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I guess I'm in the minority here. When I start the drive back to the building I go from work mode to GTF home mode and a few bucks ain't gonna change my mind.

Most of the time I agree. But after a certain time of day you're beyond the level of care because you wanted to be done 2 hours earlier but got shafted. At that point I've got the "show me the money" mentality.

Mid-peak I had a pickup hammer me with over 1,000 pieces. Filled my P13 front to back, top to bottom. Still had 2 dozen deliveries to do after that pickup as well. Finallly pulled into the building after 9pm. Next to another guy pulling in also with a full P13. They were just about to shut down the unload so the sup asked myself and the other driver if we would drive our package cars around the building and park it on the primary and they would unload it directly into the sort. Other driver says, "That's not my job. After I park the truck the packages in it aren't my problem. And I want to go home." And he walked off into the sunset. I said, "no problem, man, you're paying me $45/hour. I've already missed dinner and kissing my kids goodnight so I may as well make s few more bucks. Now where is the primary?" (20 years and I never worked in that part of the building) It was a 5 minute drive around and a 5 minute walk back to the center. Easy money at that point.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
[quote="Cementups, post:Now where is the primary?" (20 years and I never worked in that part of the building) It was a 5 minute drive around and a 5 minute walk back to the center. Easy money at that point.[/quote]

Sad, this is why we should get rid of the off the street hire ratio. I know my building from top to bottom.