Hitting Unloading PPH

Cowboy Mac

Supervisors don’t set the pay, I’m pretty sure that’s MUCH higher up the management chain, but seeing how you are a union employee and they dictate Union pay more than part time supervisors and leads.. maybe that’s where your issue lies. At the end of the day, when you applied for the job you knew what the pay was. If you don’t like to work just say that it’s not our issue 🤷🏿‍♂️ I will say this though, only rookies get paid minimum wage, if you put your time in to be able to complain the way you complain you should be making WAYYY more than minimum wage by now. So yes, it is a great idea to pay minimum wage a rookie who hasn’t put in any time to develop skill, might be a theft risk, costed X amount of money to train and hasn’t proven themselves. Seems like your understanding of how to run a business is limited but maybe that’s why you work hourly, make DURR DURR comments and eat crayons. Everyone ain’t built for business
Please get back to us in 5 years and let us know how you like working the fry station at McDonald’s.

rod

Retired 22 years
I know when I started the weight limit was 50 lbs. I think it was 35 before UPS served the entire country.
UPS didn't serve anything west of the Mississippi River (not counting California, Ore. and Wash.) when I started in Feb of 1971. The limit was 50 pounds per package then with no more that 100 pounds total going from the same shipper to the same consignee a day. The 100 pound limit was a joke because all the shipper had to do was change one little thing on the label to get around that rule. I was hired full time in June of 1971 when UPS opened up North and South Dakota for delivery. Expansion came quick after that except for Texas. Texas had all kinds of interstate / intrastate rules UPS had to work out so that took another year or two (or maybe more). P.S. Damn guy--WHY are you still working?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
UPS works for me

DONT FORGET THE OLD SAYING

A FAIR DAYS PAY FOR A FAIR DAYS WORK
Yes…inflation will change the speed I work 🤣

ILL GO HOWEVER FAST OR SLOW I WANT 😂

I don’t see anything about production numbers in the contract🧐
🧔‍♂️✊

herbigharo32

1200 PPH is the absolute maximum one can shove down the conveyor per hour. And, that conveyor has to stay running with no jams. If the sort aisle is full while routinely stopping to break jam, no way you will make 1200 PPH.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Yes you can be disciplined for not hitting planned pph, if ups can’t find a way to discipline you on paper they’ll simply cut your hours until you quit
Let them cut anyone’s hours for not making the company’s metrics and you’ll be hit with retaliation, discrimination, and disparate treatment grievances to kingdom come.