Unreal

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yeah! It works, again!!

I was always the one guilty of working 54 or more weeks a year, Labor and finance would get so irritated. Labor pulled me into the office over it. I told them I was working as directed. Sometimes, I love that phrase. :rofl:

TheDick

I don't have a problem with FTers going home as it lets the casuals work. What I do have a problem with is mgt allowing them to take "dead days" when they still have days on the books. I think we should have to use all of our personal and sick days before we are allowed to take "dead days". This was an issue this past Friday when one of our drivers, who only works 3-4 days per week, was upset because she was forced to work when the driver who was supposed to cover her area called in sick to take his daughter to the doctor's office. She wanted the day off to run some errands before heading to Florida for a week. This wouldn't have been an issue if she had been forced to take all of her personal and sick days before being allowed to take "dead days".

I had 2079 hours in 2010. If they do increase the hours to 2000 I may have to work a little more OT to make sure I get my hours. I certainly won't be taking any "dead days".

Mgmnt wouldnt or would not like todo this. A driver who is married to an oncar in a neighboring center gets all the 8hour days 3days off per week that they want. Yeah works thru lunch and runs all day long. We;re not on telematics yet.

This is one of the things that irritates me about mgt giving these days. It's ALWAYS the same guys that get the days off. It rarely ever gets down to me and then when I need a day I have to call in sick. (Not always the case but the majority of the time it is.)

Sign up days are by ft seniority in 3/ 8 hour groups around the clock. Optional (paid) days are by FT seniority up to 7 off per day. If you have a pressing need than you can always go ask for a scheduled off.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sign up days are by ft seniority in 3/ 8 hour groups around the clock. Optional (paid) days are by FT seniority up to 7 off per day. If you have a pressing need than you can always go ask for a scheduled off.
Ya, I know and that's what I do but I have to listen to, "I will do what I can to get you the day off but I don't know.............":dissapointed:

rocket man

TO UP STATE NYER, How do you know so much? you are so full of it everything and any thing that could happen always seem to be somone you know.you always seem to know everything can you tell us how to get rid of black clouds because ther seems to be one over your center ill donate 50 dollars to a charity if you will not post for 7 days that way you can take time to read most of your b s in the past you had (some) good advise but most was unreal. if you want me to donate let us at brown cafe no then we will start the clock...

tarbar66

Most of these people don't even realize there is an hour requirement for pension credit. They are clueless to the contract and union matters, usually management suck ups and bonus babies that pull this charade. We have a collection of people who go home multiple times a week without pay. About 8-10 people out of a center of 75. They use their sick and personal days within the first month they reroll. Most of them use their kids and family as an excuse, heard all the crap stories over the years.

"Man, I do it for my kids...I gotta get home."
"I run around all day like a wide receiver with a box so I can get home, only the kids suffer if I stay out all night."

Same old song from the bonus babies. Simple answer is we have a bunch of drivers who do NOT want to work and can't do the job the proper way.

Griff, it's nice to see you are back!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

TO UP STATE NYER, How do you know so much? you are so full of it everything and any thing that could happen always seem to be somone you know.you always seem to know everything can you tell us how to get rid of black clouds because ther seems to be one over your center ill donate 50 dollars to a charity if you will not post for 7 days that way you can take time to read most of your b s in the past you had (some) good advise but most was unreal. if you want me to donate let us at brown cafe no then we will start the clock...

I had such high hopes for you---your more recent posts were actually readable; however, you have gone back to the same old same old with this post.

This is my favorite poster right now. Instant character love it

ikoi62

I don't have a problem with FTers going home as it lets the casuals work

I have a problem with full timers going home all the time...if you want to work part time then go get a part time job. I'm sure there are part timers in our company who would LOVE to work full time! And I'm sure all of the casuals would love to take your place to work at a full time status.

packageguy

I do not know.
Pension credits are a matter of contract.
Next contract is in 2013.
I already have 2,000 hrs and it is only the 1st week of Nov.
Hell, I can't beg off a day.
A full time driver going home 3-4 days a week?
I could only wish.

I did hear they want to increase hours to 2,000. From what I understand it's not a contract thing. it's a pension thing. One of the reasons is to keep drivers from going home and increase money to the pension fund. When drivers go home pension fund get weak. not being funded. We will never get a increase in the pension fund.

I did hear they want to increase hours to 2,000. From what I understand it's not a contract thing. it's a pension thing. One of the reasons is to keep drivers from going home and increase money to the pension fund. When drivers go home pension fund get weak. not being funded. We will never get a increase in the pension fund.
Exactly right. My issue is that for almost a year the seniority drivers in our center have been trying to get this across to the rest,to no avail.

Another thing to keep in mind...your OT hours only count if you haven't reached your full 40 hours for the week. And trust me,the same ones who go home all the time are the same ones done at 4:30 every day.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The way I understand it the company pays weekly into the pension fund. If I punch the clock for one minute I'm paid for the week. Might have to have a minimum of hours to to be considered a full year for collection purposes down the road.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Another thing to keep in mind...your OT hours only count if you haven't reached your full 40 hours for the week. And trust me,the same ones who go home all the time are the same ones done at 4:30 every day.

Hey? Anyone know why they can't use OT hours towards pension? Can that be changed? MY GOD IS THERE HOPE!!!!!!

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Under the Western Conference, hourly pension contributions are made up to a maximum of 2080 hours. That's 52 (40) hour weeks.
I'm on vacation during November.

I ended October with 2589 hours... I wish I could get more time off.

satellitedriver

:happy-very:
I will give $100 to charity.-( in the name of the winner)-
All one has to do is correctly point out all the grammatical and spelling errors in the above post.
Extra points will be given to anyone that can explain why it was posted.