Unreal

brown bomber

brown bomber
excuse me , if I make a confession.........how many UPS drivers do you know of that had there spouse pass away, while the kids were still in grade school..........that was me.......I took every opportunity to get a day off.........to get caught up w/ housework...attend to my daughters extra-curricular activities..and just try to maintain order

by the way my daughters have turned out quite well...they are both commended Scholars., both in High School (magna cum laude)...and College, Phi Sigma Pi.......gotta have 3.5 GPA, for admittance

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess I do not understand how that makes the hours count. Perhaps I stated it wrong.

I had 2079 hours last year. 40 hours x 52 weeks is 2080 hours. We don't get credit for sick and personal days as hours worked. 9 days @ 8 hours/day equals 72 hours and brings us down to 2008 hours. This means I had 71 hours of OT credited to my pension last year. I average less than 2 hours OT per week so this sounds just about right.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I had 2079 hours last year. 40 hours x 52 weeks is 2080 hours. We don't get credit for sick and personal days as hours worked. 9 days @ 8 hours/day equals 72 hours and brings us down to 2008 hours. This means I had 71 hours of OT credited to my pension last year. I average less than 2 hours OT per week so this sounds just about right.
I guess we are bound to disagree, but I am quite certain our sick days and personal and vacations get paid in. Not overtime. Just saying.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess we are bound to disagree, but I am quite certain our sick days and personal and vacations get paid in. Not overtime. Just saying.

I just went to upsers to double check to make sure before I replied. My end of year paystub from 2010 showed 2236.40 hours worked yet I only received pension credit for 2079 hours so you may be right that OT hours do not count.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I just went to upsers to double check to make sure before I replied. My end of year paystub from 2010 showed 2236.40 hours worked yet I only received pension credit for 2079 hours so you may be right that OT hours do not count.
Actually, they do count for some folks, or did. When we had "casuals", if they didn't get five days in, the fund started counting their overtime. This also may have happened for the on-call feeder drivers in Syracuse. I could be wrong as I am just a hillbilly dressing in brown dickies.

Actually, they do count for some folks, or did. When we had "casuals", if they didn't get five days in, the fund started counting their overtime. This also may have happened for the on-call feeder drivers in Syracuse. I could be wrong as I am just a hillbilly dressing in brown dickies.
OT counts for any full timer who didn't get their full 8 hours.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

so do paid optional days and vacation count????

menotyou

bella amicizia
I believe any time paid for 8 hours and under and 40 hours and under, contributions are made. Any time, which includes any paid leave day.