Unskilled Labor

bbsam

Staff member
You are answering your own question. They are asking someone to the work and posess the knowledge of a half dozen people but only pays them for less then one.
Well that's silly. Imagine having one person for each one of those tasks. They'd stand around looking at each other 95% of the day.

Serf

Well that's silly. Imagine having one person for each one of those tasks. They'd stand around looking at each other 95% of the day.
YUP!

You are answering your own question. They are asking someone to the work and posess the knowledge of a half dozen people but only pays them for less then one

"Jack of all trades, master of none". Still does not dictate a higher wage. While I agree it's a good niche to fill, it's not formally recognized as such.

hypo hanna

Not 6 times the wage of 1.
At no point did I say she should be paid for each job title! (Your straw man is showing). Part of their job certainly includes low skill mundane task like cleaning bathrooms and stocking shelves but much of what they do requires very specialized skills. Paying them to the least of their task is just more of the same old predatory FedEx management.

bbsam

Staff member
At no point did I say she should be paid for each job title! (Your straw man is showing). Part of their job certainly includes low skill mundane task like cleaning bathrooms and stocking shelves but much of what they do requires very specialized skills. Paying them to the least of their task is just more of the same old predatory FedEx management.
I didn't say you did. I was suggesting to Upstate that while underpaid, equitable pay would be somewhere in between.