Upcoming Q2 Earnings Report

vantexan

The company did what it had to do to get where it is today. And making employees feel proud to work here was part of it. But the company is too big now to care about employee morale. There’s nothing to gain now by making sure employees feel appreciated. They’ve been in the “if you don’t like it, leave” mentality for a long time now. Truth is this isn’t a career. It’s a job. Other than driving a tractor trailer there isn’t really anything to be gained here for hourly employees.
Not sure how long you've been with the company but when they started down the road to building Ground they year over year took more and more from Express employees. That pretty much started in the early 90's about 1993 or so.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Working for UPS, tough job as it is, isn't the same as working out in a field all day stooped over picking crops. And no one is going to offer Americans that kind of money to pick crops.
WHO friend'ING SAID THEY WOULD???????!!!>!>!>>!!!????

NO ONE.

I'm done.

59 Dano

bacha is right on this. My employees may not be concerned about me having my contract renewed but it doesn’t take them long to figure out the futility of organizing, the contractor losing his contract and the employees being left back at square one.

Sure. Maybe the drivers are picked up by other contractors. Maybe they are seen as trouble makers and avoided by other contractors. Either way, a union is quickly and effectively avoided.
I don't deny that your drivers feel that way. I'm talking about drivers as a whole. In this area they'd organize in a heartbeat and the only thing keeping them from it is that contractors are paying pretty well because the labor market is white hot.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't deny that your drivers feel that way. I'm talking about drivers as a whole. In this area they'd organize in a heartbeat and the only thing keeping them from it is that contractors are paying pretty well because the labor market is white hot.
It’s any drivers anywhere. FedEx won’t have it. Period.

59 Dano

It’s any drivers anywhere. FedEx won’t have it. Period.
I'm not arguing that FedEx won't cut ties with a contractor whose employees have organized. I'm saying that the average driver doesn't care about the relationship between FedEx and a contractor.

MAKAVELI

I'm not arguing that FedEx won't cut ties with a contractor whose employees have organized. I'm saying that the average driver doesn't care about the relationship between FedEx and a contractor.
It really doesn't matter what you think ground drivers would do. The fact is no union is pursuing them and they'd effectively be fired by FedEx for organizing because they aren't FedEx employees. Ttku...

yadig

FedEx has bigger problems than a union threat. The company is slowly sinking and we all see it. Ground is a cancer and it’s beginning to spread. In 10 years or less the company will combine opcos and no more company employees or benefits! It’s a win, win for big business and Wall Street.

vantexan

No, you're just dense. You refuse to understand a basic concept because of some convoluted reasoning. Bacha part II. No biggie.
Oh I understand just fine. Here's the real issue...you guys are so adamantly against illegal immigrants that you come up with scenarios trying to show how we can get along without them rather than admit we're dependent on having quite a few here. Your "concept" isn't going to happen even if you think it could work. Bitter pill to swallow huh?

Mutineer

rather than admit we're dependent on having quite a few here.
Weird. For the past hundred years, I wonder who did all the jobs nobody wanted to do before excessive immigration became such an obvious and tangible issue.

I am not "dependent" upon the existence of recent immigrants.

But it is obvious that the politicians, celebritards, billionaires, and talking-heads of businesses and industries who are eager to heap scorn upon, belittle, and undermine my demographic can't seem to live without, or resist enabling (at taxpayer expense) to advocate and ensure THEIR well-being.
.you guys are so adamantly against illegal immigrants
Yes. And I am also against 'excessive' immigration. From ANY country, in any and all forms. Legal or otherwise. And make no mistake, from my vantage point it is indeed, excessive.

For you to tell me we need immigrants is not unlike lecturing a drowning person all about how he needs to drink more water to improve his health.

Consider yourself blessed that you can go about your life on any given day and not have your senses and sensibilities assaulted by the scourge that you believe we have a "need" for.

"Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality was tacitly denied by their philosophy."

vantexan

Weird. For the past hundred years, I wonder who did all the jobs nobody wanted to do before excessive immigration became such an obvious and tangible issue.

I am not "dependent" upon the existence of recent immigrants.

But it is obvious that the politicians, celebritards, billionaires, and talking-heads of businesses and industries who are eager to heap scorn upon, belittle, and undermine my demographic can't seem to live without, or resist enabling (at taxpayer expense) to advocate and ensure THEIR well-being.

Yes. And I am also against 'excessive' immigration. From ANY country, in any and all forms. Legal or otherwise. And make no mistake, from my vantage point it is indeed, excessive.

For you to tell me we need immigrants is not unlike lecturing a drowning person all about how he needs to drink more water to improve his health.

Consider yourself blessed that you can go about your life on any given day and not have your senses and sensibilities assaulted by the scourge that you believe we have a "need" for.

"Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality was tacitly denied by their philosophy."
Tell me something, where did your ancestors come from? And in the past hundred years? These folks have been doing crap work that Americans don't want to do for many decades now. Not just recently. Why do you think they keep coming up? There is work to be had that pays better than back home. Not talking about good paying jobs Americans will do. When I was working in Stamford, CT in 1988 there were illegals cleaning the buildings where I picked up dropboxes. Talked to them on occasion. And yes our government has been very irresponsible about letting so many in. Could've organized a guest worker program long ago. Could've shut down the border long ago. Could've kept many people from being killed, robbed, or raped by the criminal element if they had chosen to clamp down. I understand the anger to a point. I also see a lot of very good people willing to break their backs to give their kids a better life. As for legal immigration, a million or so coming in annually means more housing, more goods sold. The government isn't doing it to be altruistic. It's seen as a plus to the economy. I've seen enough, read enough, to think we would've been better off if that immigration kept us a more homogenous society. But the powers that be, who hold all the cards, determined otherwise. But the single biggest threat to this country imploding doesn't seem to be immigration. It looks to me that it's white liberalism. They demonstrate all the time what they would do if given the power to do so. You obviously think I'm a liberal. No, just reporting the reality on the ground from my vantage point. I refuse to seethe with anger at everything going on around me. You know why? Only have one life and am determined to live it with what I want to do while I have a few years left. Raging at the machine is a waste of precious time. I would suggest if you aren't happy with what's going on around you then move to a place more suitable to your liking. Like it or not, it's happening. Been happening for a long time. This country is no longer "ours."

59 Dano

Oh I understand just fine. Here's the real issue...you guys are so adamantly against illegal immigrants that you come up with scenarios trying to show how we can get along without them rather than admit we're dependent on having quite a few here. Your "concept" isn't going to happen even if you think it could work. Bitter pill to swallow huh?
I never presented any scenario. I said for enough money, a person will do a job. The rest of the world already understands this fact and we'd be just plain tickled if you'd get up to speed with the rest of us.
1641085350995.png

1641086003780.png

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It really doesn't matter what you think ground drivers would do. The fact is no union is pursuing them and they'd effectively be fired by FedEx for organizing because they aren't FedEx employees. Ttku...
As a retired Teamster, tell me how a company can fire somebody when that somebody doesn't work for the the company that fired the somebody?
Holy Hell!