Upcoming Q2 Earnings Report

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Thank you Captain Obvious. But since this is Fedex Discussions I went on to point out the repercussions contractors would be facing if they can't block the vote to form a labor union.
No one cares about the contractors. If their employees are unhappy enough, they'll organize.

vantexan

Oh, absolutely and only an idiot would argue otherwise.
Cherry picking my posts? You know good and well that the price needed to get Americans to do unpleasant work won't be paid as long as there are illegals to do it as well as it would cost much higher consumer prices and much less profit.

Mutineer

Cherry picking my posts? You know good and well that the price needed to get Americans to do unpleasant work won't be paid as long as there are illegals to do it as well as it would cost much higher consumer prices and much less profit.
Don't kid yourself into thinking that any expenses saved due to an exploitable or surplus labor pool 'trickle down' to the consumer.

That likely only goes as bonuses to those in the company who are grossly overcompensated, anyways.

"but milk will cost $20 a gallon."

I'd cheerfully pay that to get the Thirld World OUT of my town and state.

vantexan

Don't kid yourself into thinking that any expenses saved due to an exploitable or surplus labor pool 'trickle down' to the consumer.

That likely only goes as bonuses to those in the company who are grossly overcompensated, anyways.

If you're paying an illegal $8hr and they're all removed from the country, and now paying locals $17hr because they can find jobs for $12hr that are much easier on them, that extra expense will be passed on to the consumer. And most people won't pay $20 a gallon for milk no matter how patriotic it makes them feel.

Mutineer

no matter how patriotic it makes them feel.
It isn't about shallow, myopic flag-waving patriotism. It's about setting things correctly. Watch the wages go up, and the cost of housing go down.
that extra expense will be passed on to the consumer.
Obviously you believe in that 'trickle down' savings to the consumer bait.

And you haven't watched the peace, simplicity, and character of your hometown obliterated at the altar of special-interest billionaires, and their imported labor force that bring their greed and fake, cookie-cutter, pretentious tackiness to fruition.

As you are a transient, traveling type of person; (not criticizing) I can see how you may not appreciate or understand what, how, or why I feel I have lost something that is composed of many things that are sometimes not always entirely tangible.

vantexan

It isn't about shallow, myopic flag-waving patriotism. It's about setting things correctly. Watch the wages go up, and the cost of housing go down.

Obviously you believe in that 'trickle down' savings to the consumer bait.

And you haven't watched the peace, simplicity, and character of your hometown obliterated at the altar of special-interest billionaires, and their imported labor force that bring their greed and fake, cookie-cutter, pretentious tackiness to fruition.

As you are a transient, traveling type of person; (not criticizing) I can see how you may not appreciate or understand what, how, or why I feel I have lost something that is composed of many things that are sometimes not always entirely tangible.
You've got it backwards. It's not about trickle down savings to the consumer. It's about costs going up for the consumer. I'm not an advocate for illegal immigration. I don't want them bringing their entire family here. I don't want them let in like what is happening now. But there are a number of industries with chronic labor shortages that could use the help. I think a guest worker program with vetted workers that are brought in would be a great idea. The companies would have to prove they can't get or sustain local help. The workers would be closely monitored. And sent home after a brief stay. Three to six months. Look up the braceros program during WWII. And I've witnessed a few towns as you've described. Hermiston, Oregon for one. And I've lived in three towns on the border for about 6 years between them.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
rent free 24/7 365
A4D8E557-1592-470D-84A4-3A30BA0664C7.jpeg

Working4the1%

So many whites guys don’t have such hatred for Latin woman..odd

Mutineer

Your posts are so ludicrous on a regular basis that I can't even tell if you're trying to be funny with that.
That's cuz it's an example of a variation of Poe's Law.

It is impossible to parody a creationist. Or a liberal.
The only arrow in yer quiver. Followed by a strawman fallacy, and a non-sequitur.

But then, it must be challenging for you to form a coherent discussion with all those voices in yer head.

Taking yer meds might help.

So many whites guys don’t have such hatred for Latin woman..odd
It's obvious you have only a superficial understanding of what "Latin" means.

59 Dano

Pay attention to what I said. If the wage is high enough, people will do it. This is basic, fundamental concept in labor economics - a reservation wage.

59 Dano

Indeed. And contractors exist to prevent it from happening. And those who can't...."hasta la vista , baby"
You don't make any sense. You're saying that the purpose of a contractor is to keep his own employees from organizing against him.

vantexan

Pay attention to what I said. If the wage is high enough, people will do it. This is basic, fundamental concept in labor economics - a reservation wage.
It's never going to happen. Costs passed on to consumers would be too high. Anyone who thinks the extra costs would be eaten by business owners is kidding himself.

59 Dano

It's never going to happen. Costs passed on to consumers would be too high. Anyone who thinks the extra costs would be eaten by business owners is kidding himself.
Would you, for a million dollars an hour, do a job that you hate? Yes. That is my point --- people will do work they don't like if the price is right.

You can spare me the lecture that no one would pay you a million dollars an hour -as if I wasn't aware of that- and how that would impact prices and blah blah blah blah. All of this was to address a point about the cost of labor and who does it, not that it matters now.

Good God.

vantexan

Would you, for a million dollars an hour, do a job that you hate? Yes. That is my point --- people will do work they don't like if the price is right.

You can spare me the lecture that no one would pay you a million dollars an hour -as if I wasn't aware of that- and how that would impact prices and blah blah blah blah. All of this was to address a point about the cost of labor and who does it, not that it matters now.

Good God.
We're not talking about the realm of fantasy. FedEx can't get people to stay at Express for $19hr. What will it actually take to keep American citizens picking crops, working dairies, feedlots, slaughter houses, chicken processors, sewer plants, etc etc? You can be theoretical all you want but it's not going to happen. Thank God for anyone who does essential work that others lift their noses at. And more often than not that person is an illegal immigrant who'll work at a rate that'll keep prices down for consumers. I don't want open borders but like it or not those people are here to stay.

Mutineer

We're not talking about the realm of fantasy. FedEx can't get people to stay at Express for $19hr. What will it actually take to keep American citizens picking crops, working dairies, feedlots, slaughter houses, chicken processors, sewer plants, etc etc?
You asked a very good question. I can't speak for everybody, but I can tell you a few things that kept me working a miserable crap-job for longer than I care to admit.

I was a good, reliable, trust-worthy worker.

I wasn't micro-managed, my boss had my back, and I was treated with respect.

It was really THAT simple.