Update on Diad 6 1/30/23

AKCoverMan

Yeah it’s driving me nuts. Went from one crash a day back to four. The stupid dumb grey circle scanner is permanently stuck on the screen. At least I know this board is somewhat durable it’s been smashed into the rear door several times the past couple weeks.
I quit thinking of them as “crashes” and started thinking of them as “additional paid breaks”. Don’t mind it so much anymore! 🤑

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I miss the old diad durability when I would use it as a hammer to beat the key into the back key hole to get the door up if the key fob didn’t work

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Sometimes when I go to scan a package there will be 3 screens that I have to swipe away and then half the screen will be black. Never seen an app behave like this.

JustDeliverIt

I’d prefer the screen to stop doing summer salts when getting someone to sign.

Stuff like this should be able to be turned off, like any other app. It’s a basic function, like the scan button in the middle of the screen. Then again you can turn it off and it still sits there. So other than not knowing how to do our job whoever is designing and updating the app doesn’t seem to have basic knowledge of how to design or update apps.

Stuff like this should be able to be turned off, like any other app. It’s a basic function, like the scan button in the middle of the screen. Then again you can turn it off and it still sits there. So other than not knowing how to do our job whoever is designing and updating the app doesn’t seem to have basic knowledge of how to design or update apps.
It worked before the update

JustDeliverIt

It worked before the update

Right!! You could turn the scanner off and it was gone, it was nice. Now you turn it off and it stays, makes complete sense.

I tell family and friends about the stupidity at work and they don’t understand how a multi billion dollar company operates like it does. I tell them I just shake my head and collect paychecks.

Right!! You could turn the scanner off and it was gone, it was nice. Now you turn it off and it stays, makes complete sense.

I tell family and friends about the stupidity at work and they don’t understand how a multi billion dollar company operates like it does. I tell them I just shake my head and collect paychecks.
Just like you still have to get a signature for a surepost when it's delivered with a regular package

JustDeliverIt

Just like you still have to get a signature for a surepost when it's delivered with a regular package

Only time I’ve run into signatures for sure post is at a commercial stop or if it’s a misload outside my delivery area I deliver on the way back. Not sure why it is but they’ve had me drive 15 minutes or more out of my way and when I get there it prompts for a signature. Sometimes they are there to sign, other time it’s NI1. Whatever, I’m paid either way.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

They blame the rush on 5G. Was 5G a complete surprise?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
When you deliver cat litter to the guy in his PJ’s, looked like he just woke up, and it’s 14:00, think of these issues.

And realize, he’s the guy doing these updates.

DriverNerd

Only time I’ve run into signatures for sure post is at a commercial stop or if it’s a misload outside my delivery area I deliver on the way back. Not sure why it is but they’ve had me drive 15 minutes or more out of my way and when I get there it prompts for a signature. Sometimes they are there to sign, other time it’s NI1. Whatever, I’m paid either way.
Try to build your manifest first. If it adds the stop you'll be able to DR if you have to type it in as create it will prompt as a signature. So unbelievably stupid.