UPS #4 in Joliet

raceanoncr

Bob Vandergriff qualified #4 today in the NHRA Route 66 Nationals at Joliet, IL with a 4.49 ET at 324.67 MPH. This is his third top-half qualifiying position. He's hoping to raise his NHRA Top Fuel points back up past the number 7 position he held through 2 races this year after dropping down to #10 with his first round loss last week in Topeka.

Vandergriff faces #12 qualifier, Scotty Cannon, many-time IHRA Pro-Mod world champion and Funny Car driver with Don Schumacher, in the first round.

And DJ is....??????

I got to talk to Bob last night. He is very personable and enjoys hearing from the upsers,he even gives them a discount at the souvenier trailer. I talked to him about how well he`s doing compared to the "other" car on a much smaller budget. I gave him the browncafe site and told him to stop by and say hi. Nice guy:thumbup1: That 4.49 run was stout.

raceanoncr

Cach, thanks for touching bases with Bob and letting him know of our support and for his support of us.

My fingers are crossed today into eliminations (and, boy, do they hurt!).

Good luck to him.

dragracer66

Vandergriff "should" have no problem with scotty. It suck's he's racing Vandergriff I would like to see scotty go round's but not today. I alway's liked him.....

Got to see Scotty again also,I was always a fan of his. Another really nice guy. He was kind of emotional that people remembered who he was.

raceanoncr

Got to see Scotty again also,I was always a fan of his. Another really nice guy. He was kind of emotional that people remembered who he was.

Yeah, Scotty's pretty good too. Would like to see him progress. We were IHRA for 5 yrs when he was at his Pro Mod pinnacle and was always accessible. My-then-partner and I also spearheaded the push to get him for our winter banquet. We picked up up at airport, briefed him on schedule, checked him into rental car, hotel and asked what he was going to talk on. His reply: "This is YOUR show, YOUR racers, THEY are the most important ones here this weekend and I want to work with anything YOU want me to." Pretty laid back and humble the whole w/e.

dragracer66

Cool Picture Cach..I'm going to e-town in 2 week's. I'm trying to get UPS hospitality ticket's. First time in 6 year's I'm not racing at this event just spectating this year. :sad:

raceanoncr

Cool Picture Cach..I'm going to e-town in 2 week's. I'm trying to get UPS hopitality ticket's. First time in 6 year's I'm not racing at this event just spectating this year. :sad:

Drag, "Get UPS hospitality tickets"? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You think you work for UPS or something???? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, wait, you do!!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!!

Am still checking ND for that divisional win in a '70 Chevelle, know what I mean?

dragracer66

Drag, "Get UPS hospitality tickets"? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You think you work for UPS or something???? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, wait, you do!!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!!

Am still checking ND for that divisional win in a '70 Chevelle, know what I mean?
Hey Race...It won't be this year so don't wear out your eye's:laugh:. I'll be happy if i'm out by july, It's looking more like august though!!!!

raceanoncr

Yeah, agree, neat pix. How'd you get that cool shirt? Oh, wait a min...the other one is you? Uh, are you old enuff to drive package car?