UPS and Facebook

AndUPSER

Was going through the UPS Facebook page where I ran across a post started by UPS asking "Does your child want to be a UPS driver one day?". As you can imagine, some of the responses really lashed out at UPS for the same things people complain about on here. Some were really bad and most said they would never let their kids work at UPS.

So what was the response from brown? "(NAME),If you are a current employee and would like to discuss this further, please talk to your management team or local Human Resources. This is not an appropriate channel for employee relation comments."

I'm sure everyone's management teams really care about the complaints they have. And I'm sure the men and women posting for UPS have never touched a box.

Also, the Vote No on UPS Contract Facebook page has some interesting comments. The thing is, a lot of people post pictures of their work load and are most likely are on the clock. Seems pretty stupid to me to post things that could get you fired when you can post things without an actual name attached on here.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Was going through the UPS Facebook page where I ran across a post started by UPS asking "Does your child want to be a UPS driver one day?". As you can imagine, some of the responses really lashed out at UPS for the same things people complain about on here. Some were really bad and most said they would never let their kids work at UPS.

So what was the response from brown? "(NAME),If you are a current employee and would like to discuss this further, please talk to your management team or local Human Resources. This is not an appropriate channel for employee relation comments."

I'm sure everyone's management teams really care about the complaints they have. And I'm sure the men and women posting for UPS have never touched a box.

Also, the Vote No on UPS Contract Facebook page has some interesting comments. The thing is, a lot of people post pictures of their work load and are most likely are on the clock. Seems pretty stupid to me to post things that could get you fired when you can post things without an actual name attached on here.
Yes...I know of 2 PTers fired in my building in the last 6 months for posting videos or pics taken inside the building on FB. One is still trying to get his job back.

AndUPSER

Here's some of the stuff I've seen on the Vote No page in just the last couple days:

A guy that worked on day sort in a center out west was afraid of discipline because he called his supervisor dumb. He gave the name of the center and a lady asked which supervisor was it. He gave the name and everything.

Woman in her 30 ' s posting a selfie of before climbing up stairs to deliver and after. Clearly on the clock.

Pictures of how heavy their package car is.

Stupid to risk a $33 an hour job over some crap on Facebook.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Here's some of the stuff I've seen on the Vote No page in just the last couple days:

A guy that worked on day sort in a center out west was afraid of discipline because he called his supervisor dumb. He gave the name of the center and a lady asked which supervisor was it. He gave the name and everything.

Woman in her 30 ' s posting a selfie of before climbing up stairs to deliver and after. Clearly on the clock.

Pictures of how heavy their package car is.

Stupid to risk a $33 an hour job over some crap on Facebook.
:rolleyes2: You can't fix stupid...

BrownChoice

Ill snapchat my load or text, but not on the company facebook page for crying out loud, I cannot help but laugh at the thinking of these people!

oldngray

nowhere special
funny-Facebook-money-work.jpg

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I have a few feeder buddies on my facebook and I have seen them post pictures of themselves driving down the road lol. Honestly a selfie at 68 mph is a bad idea.

Motown

I have made a lot friends here in my 15 years at UPS. We get together after hours,Our kids play together but as a general rule I don't have any of my co workers on my facebook page. I don't want something that I might post about work or anything for that matter to be seen by people in the work place.I don't want the drama.I use facebook as a way to keep in touch with people I don't see in my every day life like old friends from high school or college not to gossip about who's doing what or who's doing who at work like a lot of my fellow drivers do

bl04a

My son is starting his 2nd year as a driver. I can't speak for other drivers but I'm happy my son is a driver. Being a UPS driver has given me a good life, free of some of the job security and financial worries of some of my friends, and I know UPS will give the same thing to my son.
Will he have to work harder than many of his friends, of course! But the positives out weigh the negatives by far!

Sent using BrownCafe App