UPS appearance standards?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm gonna have to get a doctor's note. Their policy is ridiculous! I just shaved last Sunday and some guy from the HR department said my stubble today is not acceptable! The thing is, I have razor bumps on my chin and and some redness on my neck so I really don't wanna shave today because it will make it worse!

If they are THAT picky, then you need to shave...sorry. I shave twice a week, I'm lucky that A.) my hair is light enough and B.) My center Sups don't care.

I don't wear UPS socks anymore either

dcdriver

nations capital
I'm gonna have to get a doctor's note. Their policy is ridiculous! I just shaved last Sunday and some guy from the HR department said my stubble today is not acceptable! The thing is, I have razor bumps on my chin and and some redness on my neck so I really don't wanna shave today because it will make it worse!

If you dont like it find another job.

goober123

Sound's like you are rinsing the blade under hot water,I used to get those bump's,I was burning myself.

Rinse the razor under cold water instead,it helped me.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Didn't work monday and shaved today and that is all I need, it will be noticeable on friday but I will be able to get away with it. Not bad for once a week..

satellitedriver

Being a satellite driver you should get by shaving once a week and wearing sandals everyday.
Not to mention my headband.:peaceful:
Old joke still told in my center, by the sups.
There is a reason that I am the only surviving original solo sat driver from
when the program was reinstated in 1995.
Some folks can be trusted to uphold standards, and some can not.

clueless

Invest in a electric razor. They do not cut as close. I also have sensitive skin and since using a electric razor I don't have any issues. It's also faster and easier.

Make sure you maintain the foil and clean the razor after each use.

Either that or look into LHR.

Bristol Brown

I don`t wish to sound pedantic but there are no religions that require anyone to grow a beard.It is down to the personal choice of the individual,until UPS addresses this they cannot send someone home for having some facial hair while muslims choose to have facial hair even though their religion doesn`t require them to have a beard.

ibshines

This was settled 20 plus years ago, call the union hall and they will tell you to get a doctors note. If you have a medical condition you dont have to shave.you will have to keep it neat. You wont be able to look like ZZTop. It all starts with your local.

packageguy

The answer is simple, don't be lazy, just shave and there is no problem. I will bet dollars to donuts, if you are a problem to the company they will make your day a lot harder.

rhodeislander

Hello,
I am interning with UPS in the corporate office in Atlanta this summer.
I heard that their dress code is pretty conservative. I was wondering if anyone could give me any more details on the do and fonts as far as clothing and appearance. Thank you!

PS. I am a female.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hello,
I heard that their dress code is pretty conservative. I was wondering if anyone could give me any more details on the do and fonts as far as clothing and appearance. Thank you!

PS. I am a female.
Hi, no good advice for you, but originally from Attlehole, MA. Good luck!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hello,

PS. I am a female.

These are for females working in the Corporate Campus.
[h=1]Relaxed Business Attire Guidelines[/h][h=2]Relaxed business attire is appropriate any day of the week as your scheduled work activities permit.[/h]
The term 'relaxed business attire' defines what UPS considers business-appropriate casual wear for our work environment. Because business casual can be interpreted in many different ways, using 'relaxed business attire' helps ensure we maintain a more professional look that reflects the reputation and credibility of our brand.

Relaxed business attire should be neat, clean, and pressed. Examples of appropriate and inappropriate attire are available below to ensure we always present a professional image when choosing to wear relaxed business attire.

• Business-appropriate skirt or pants, including pressed khakis and corduroys with a narrow wale (the wale is the width of the cord).
  • Belt, if belt loops are visible.
  • Blouse or shirt with sleeves, cap-sleeved, or sleeveless, including turtlenecks and mock turtlenecks.
  • Sweater, sweater vest, cardigan, or coordinating sweater set.
  • Tailored dress with sleeves, cap-sleeved, or sleeveless.
  • Appropriate shoes (hosiery optional).
    • Pumps, sling backs, business-appropriate flats, open-toe shoes, mules, and boots. (For safety reasons, open-toe shoes and mules are not permitted in operations).
  • Business-appropriate accessories (watches, rings, earrings, bracelets, etc.).

[h=2]Sleeveless fashions are professional and acceptable for women at UPS.[/h]
Sleeveless tops and dresses now are considered appropriate Flexible Business Attire. Women should use good business judgment when assembling their workplace wardrobe.

This change brings additional options to consider when putting together your favorite pieces. See Related Files for sleeveless basics. Here are a few tips to get you started:

Choose sleeveless, not strappy
Flexible Business sleeveless should have shoulder seams no less than 2” in width. Collared blouses are good choices that maintain a professional look.

Choose high-quality fabrics
Look for nicer fabrics like silks or linen poly-blends that minimize show-through.

Avoid being too casual
Stay away from anything that looks like something you would wear to the beach or the gym.

Avoid low-cut tops
Sleeveless should not be revealing and undergarments should not be exposed. Select a size large enough to avoid having the fabric cling too tightly to the body.

One last tip: Don’t forget grooming
As always, maintain proper hygiene at work. Choose an appropriate clear deodorant that won’t leave streaks.

Appropriate/Inappropriate Relaxed Business Attire Examples

Warm weather may call for lighter attire, but avoid the following when it comes to your office wear:

• Gauchos
  • Short skirts
  • Tank tops
  • Tropical print shirts
  • Sandals or flip-flops
  • Boat shoes or docksiders

Remember, conservative dress helps us maintain a professional look that reflects the reputation and credibility of our brand.

CAFAL

I used to shave every other day. One day a few years back I was itroduced to a new DM by my center manager.(standing in wrong place at wrong time. ) center manager said this is cafal,ran 12to under yesterday. Dm looked at me and said "in that 12 under,why don't you catch a shave?" Was embarrassing.