UPS, are you asking for it?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Oh no please don't beat me tough old union guy.

What do you think would happen if this company went on strike again? I can tell you in our local, we have been preparing for it. We have a very, very large strike fund now, as well as another half million in liquid assets if needed. I assure you, we can wait it out!!!

Re-Raise

yeah a strike is going to go well for the teamsters if that happens again :laugh:

Meaning what Skippy? Are you telling me you and the other conference call heroes can deliver the packages without us?

I have been here long enough to know that all management at UPS can do to make themselves look better is get more production from the employees that actually move the packages.

And I have seen so many sales people come and go through our center it is a running joke. We had one guy show up at a pcm and say he was leaving our area for another one and not one of the drivers even knew who he was.

tieguy

Banned
What do you think would happen if this company went on strike again? I can tell you in our local, we have been preparing for it. We have a very, very large strike fund now, as well as another half million in liquid assets if needed. I assure you, we can wait it out!!!

I love watching people talk the tough talk as they play russian roulette. I'm at a point in my career where I have diversified my investments and I'm putting the last couple pieces in place for retirement. I really dont care what you folks do with the company after I am gone. If you want to put the gun up to your temple and pull the trigger then feel free to do so. Just spare me the Rambo rhetoric when you do so. I can only puke so much.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I love watching people talk the tough talk as they play russian roulette. I'm at a point in my career where I have diversified my investments and I'm putting the last couple pieces in place for retirement. I really dont care what you folks do with the company after I am gone. If you want to put the gun up to your temple and pull the trigger then feel free to do so. Just spare me the Rambo rhetoric when you do so. I can only puke so much.

So you are dumping all of your UPS stock when you retire, Partner?

menotyou

bella amicizia
In other words you didn't really lose your job, which was my original point.
As I said, three weeks later with back pay. For three weeks I was terminated, as far as UPS was concerned. As for the post I was replying to, I was just doing my job. There are secret conspiracies. Ask the too many other drivers in my building who were fired for just doing their job. Did they get them back? Of course. My point was that Jones was wrong.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As I said, three weeks later with back pay. For three weeks I was terminated, as far as UPS was concerned. As for the post I was replying to, I was just doing my job. There are secret conspiracies. Ask the too many other drivers in my building who were fired for just doing their job. Did they get them back? Of course. My point was that Jones was wrong.

A conspiracy theory in Watertown? Say it isn't so.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If you got your job back with back pay, then you weren't really fired. If you choose to believe in secret conspiracies, well, everyone has their thing I guess.
If you want to prove jones wrong, show me someone who actually got fired for just doing their job.

Nimnim

The Nim
I'm thinking you did something at some time to piss someone off, which I'm pretty sure isn't "just doing their job." Some people will abuse their authority to lash back if they feel slighted.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So you are dumping all of your UPS stock when you retire, Partner?

Most people do that until UPS stock is no more than 5 - 10 % of their portfolio. Since going public, it is just another stock at the whim of the market.
Just good common sense to do so.
I already did that a few years ago in preparation for retirement.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My retirement plan involves getting a part time job at Lowes or Home Depot for the employee discount.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I'm thinking you did something at some time to piss someone off, which I'm pretty sure isn't "just doing their job." Some people will abuse their authority to lash back if they feel slighted.
I pissed them off by knowing my contract. They felt slighted because they couldn't walk all over everyone on preload anymore. They were slighted because they couldn't make people wait for work off the clock. They felt slighted when I grieved every supervisor working. They felt slighted when they actually had to fix broken rollers because of the safety grievances I would file. They felt slighted when I got my job back for NOT STEALING ANYTHING. They felt slighted when some supervisor was the joke of the building because of that fiasco. They felt slighted when EVERYONE IN THE DISTRICT WAS LAUGHING ABOUT PACKAGES IN THE WOODS.(DR WOODS, running joke at airport). They felt slighted because they had to pay me double pay on payroll grievances. They felt slighted because of the rebuttal grievances I wrote for every warning letter given to anyone on preload, and now other shifts. They felt slighted because there is a steward on preload now, which there wasn't. They feel slighted knowing that I will help anyone with a rebuttal grievance, and win. They feel slighted that I am actually still here. They feel slighted, period. Why? Because they are :censored2:S. Oh, yeah. They get irritated when I look them in the face and say that. Think I don't? Talk to my co-workers.
I worked my ass off for these ungrateful bastards. Never again. They feel slighted because of that.
That is just a small example of how I piss them off. Check my file. Not one write-up. Not even the one ****** tried to fly by that had me written-up for not showing up to work on an unscheduled day. Had to get a Labor Division Manager to throw that one out. Do I have a bulls-eye on my back? Absolutely. If you knew my building, you wouldn't be blaming me. I am in the Black Hole.

Last edited by a moderator:

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

I dont want a stike either, just seeing the reaction the question would get, which this thread seems to be filled with great comments about it and others pertaining too.

The situation between fedex and UPS, man the stocks show all. People must fear the UPS will someday go on strike again. The union is apart of it, as fedex shares a nonunion status. Though this state is right-to-work state, still I believe does effect everything across the board of stock holders. Is UPS trying to get their stock up by increasing everyones work load? The last thing anyone should want is another strike like that of 97, especially during these times. I would forecast that fedex would even grow larger and stronger if we did.

I'm sure the people who would want a UPS strike moreso is fedex over all.