UPS, are you asking for it?

tieguy

Banned
I hate working for UPS, they are a vile company WHO treat their staff like crap but I take it because the money is good.

I certainly havent been kidnapped but I do work to live I dont live to work like many a**holes on this site do who love UPS.

can you tell us why you hate your mother?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
OK, I've read this 3 times and slept on it and I'm still trying to figure out what you are saying.
I think you have confused pensions with 401k.
Pensions do what you are saying - you have to stay with a company for a long period of time and until a certain age - you are trapped to some extent.
A 401k frees the individual from that entrapment. a 401k account is transferable between companies and when you leave a company, you can transfer to another holding house such as Vanguard or Fidelity.

Oh no, its the same, just different terms of agreement ( it all falls under retirement ). You put in they put in is the only difference. A pension you get after so many years without putting anything other then time. Like the military, you put 20 years in you get retirement for life. UPS, you have to put in and they put in untill you fulfill the time extent. You are there until it is all said and done. Thus the term golden handcuffs, retirement without anymore work to do sure seems golden to me, it will only cost youre time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh no, its the same, just different terms of agreement ( it all falls under retirement ). You put in they put in is the only difference. A pension you get after so many years without putting anything other then time. Like the military, you put 20 years in you get retirement for life. UPS, you have to put in and they put in untill you fulfill the time extent. You are there until it is all said and done. Thus the term golden handcuffs, retirement without anymore work to do sure seems golden to me, it will only cost youre time.

Your 401k and pension are two separate things. Your 401k is portable--your pension is not. You put money in to your 401k while UPS puts money in to your pension.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

Hey clerk, thanks man!

People posting a lot these days about those being fired here and there. Work is gone out of control at my place and others. While those who would never notice often dont get much to begin with. Try working a building that shifts entire staff of other buildings 5 days a week, 50K to 65k a night. A lot of HUBs/ centers dont even see that in a week.

I feel it, you feel it, I'm sure theres others out there that see the change greatly as well. Wish they say something instead of lurking.

pretzel_man

Sometimes its better to be quiet and let people think you don't know what you are speaking about.

When you continue to make incorrect statements you leave no doubt.

PhatAzz

Half and half?

LMAO. From the sound of your posts - you don't plan much for your future. You better hope and pray that UPS has put more into your pension than you've put in your 401(K). You think you're disgruntled now....... Just wait until you get ready to retire and realize you can't survive because you didn't plan for your future. The handcuffs will seem a lot tighter then.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

You're not into lucid dreaming are you?