Ups background check

Tom Jefferson

Were you in a dorm room or something? Anyway the most important question...did you get them back?
Nope part of my bargain was to forfeit everything. They didn’t belong to me anyhow. I was letting a friend stay in my house and most of the :censored2: they found was his. It was my actual room. You think ups would kick me back over some stuff like that? I doubt they’re going to even ask me because it’s a misdemeanor. However, I’m just not sure

sciatic

Hey, I just went to an interview and just now waiting for the background check. I have a misdemeanor (conspiracy to commit a crime) while I’m sure it won’t be a problem or at least I don't think so, not for package handler, considering what I've heard people have been hired for. however, I don’t want it to get to my turn and be offered to drive and they don’t let me because of it. Any thoughts? It’s not theft nor violent. It’s actually because I had unregistered firearm when I was 18, and I am now 23. I didn’t even have it on me. I have actually been losing my mind over this. also, my driving record is clean. I've been driving for about 3 years and have not ever been so much as pulled over (knock on wood)

Your good bro
I've had a few misdemeanor charges,and I got hired... years after I was hired there was that shooting in ft hood, and the department of defense revoked my base badge (I deliver to a navy base)..Turns out 20 years ago,when I violated my probation (I missed community service one day) they accidentally put in assualt with a deadly weapon (without intent to kill) on my record,instead of violation...So you should be good...

Tom Jefferson

Your good bro
I've had a few misdemeanor charges,and I got hired... years after I was hired there was that shooting in ft hood, and the department of defense revoked my base badge (I deliver to a navy base)..Turns out 20 years ago,when I violated my probation (I missed community service one day) they accidentally put in assualt with a deadly weapon (without intent to kill) on my record,instead of violation...So you should be good...
Btw the way who makes those decisions? I know ups is different from a lot of other places. A driver told me HR makes them decisions. Like for target they don’t make their own. From my understanding ups doesn’t have a “policy blanket”

sciatic

Btw the way who makes those decisions? I know ups is different from a lot of other places. A driver told me HR makes them decisions. Like for target they don’t make their own. From my understanding

Idk bro....I'm just a long time lurker on here,who has been drinking all day...
One story I will tell is....about 2 years ago my buddy actually yelled at our HR lady about the quality of seasonal helpers she hired,she replied "you should see the people I turn down" ,lol that shut us all up.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Btw the way who makes those decisions? I know ups is different from a lot of other places. A driver told me HR makes them decisions. Like for target they don’t make their own. From my understanding ups doesn’t have a “policy blanket”
Management lit the policy book on fire years ago

rod

Retired 22 years
Do they actually do a background check now? Those aren't cheap depending on how deep they dig. I know they always have you sign a paper authorizing one but do they follow through with it? I lied like hell on my application and if they would have did any checking at all I'd probably still be in the slammer. :rolleyes:

Tom Jefferson

Do they actually do a background check now? Those aren't cheap depending on how deep they dig. I know they always have you sign a paper authorizing one but do they follow through with it? I lied like hell on my application and if they would have did any checking at all I'd probably still be in the slammer. :rolleyes:
You work at ups and lied? And it worked is what you’re saying?

ManInBrown

Hey, I just went to an interview and just now waiting for the background check. I have a misdemeanor (conspiracy to commit a crime) while I’m sure it won’t be a problem or at least I don't think so, not for package handler, considering what I've heard people have been hired for. however, I don’t want it to get to my turn and be offered to drive and they don’t let me because of it. Any thoughts? It’s not theft nor violent. It’s actually because I had unregistered firearm when I was 18, and I am now 23. I didn’t even have it on me. I have actually been losing my mind over this. also, my driving record is clean. I've been driving for about 3 years and have not ever been so much as pulled over (knock on wood)
You’re screwed.

turq

Yeah I know someone who just got hired as a part-timer. They do an online version of it, and it comes back in hours is all I know.

Zowert

I thought we were allowed to possess firearms in the USA. If people are getting charges for BS like this I’m screwed.