Ups background check

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Tom Jefferson, May 17, 2019.

1. Tom Jefferson

Tom Jefferson Member

Hey, I just went to an interview and just now waiting for the background check. I have a misdemeanor (conspiracy to commit a crime) while I’m sure it won’t be a problem or at least I don't think so, not for package handler, considering what I've heard people have been hired for. however, I don’t want it to get to my turn and be offered to drive and they don’t let me because of it. Any thoughts? It’s not theft nor violent. It’s actually because I had unregistered firearm when I was 18, and I am now 23. I didn’t even have it on me. I have actually been losing my mind over this. also, my driving record is clean. I've been driving for about 3 years and have not ever been so much as pulled over (knock on wood)

2. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 Fight the power.

You live in south central?

3. Tom Jefferson

Tom Jefferson Member

NV

4. BakerMayfield2018

What crime did you conspire to commit?

5. Tom Jefferson

Tom Jefferson Member

attempt to posses firearm.

6. BakerMayfield2018

231617D1-EED4-4696-9398-E7F48AB36635.gif
    You either have a firearm or u don’t. That is a bs charge. Any lawyer would laugh that outta court.

7. Tom Jefferson

Tom Jefferson Member

I had a firearm in my room, so I got "attempt unlawful possession of a firearm" after an honorable discharge from probation it was moved to "conspiracy to commit a crime". my question is do you think this would stop me from driving? I talked to a driver and he said not at all. I just rather have more opinions

8. BakerMayfield2018

That’s bs. Again. Any decent lawyer would laugh at that.

9. Tom Jefferson

Tom Jefferson Member

lol whether a lawyer would laugh or not. I am stuck with it until I can get it sealed. I am only wondering your thoughts on would this stop me from driving.

10. BakerMayfield2018

No.

11. Tom Jefferson

Tom Jefferson Member

next question, do you think I will be able to pass this background check lol? I interviewed yesterday and she gave me a date and all. she said she will follow up once the background has come back.

12. BakerMayfield2018

Yes.

13. Tom Jefferson

Tom Jefferson Member

thanks baker

14. clever_username

clever_username Philosoraptor

I’m a felon and have been driving full time for 5 years. You’ll be fine.

15. Bigga

Bigga New Member

Bro you should be good I just got my brother in law a job he’s a convicted felony from getting caught with a key like 15 years ago...on top of that he’s out on bail right now with a ankle bracelet for a new felony drug charge

16. Tom Jefferson

Tom Jefferson Member

gosh darn, did he disclose the information? here I am wondering if I will pass my check.

17. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Sounds like a real winner

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. turq

turq Member

In Nevada? I thought that was the easiest place in the Country to own a weapon. BTW the background checks are usually immediate. I think they get them back the same day.

19. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

But can he load a truck without misloads

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Tom Jefferson

Tom Jefferson Member

Not when you’re 18 and had 3 of them in your room. They dismissed everything and gave me a major slap on the wrist you could say though. So now I’m left with “conspiracy to commit a crime”