Ups background check

Tom Jefferson

My application status is preloader/unloaded and it has a bunch of other stuff that looks like it needs to be finished. However, she never told me to touch it. She just said she’d follow up with me on Monday (which is today) should I leave it untouched since she never said to start it?

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
As long as you don't have a felony you should be good. I remember back around 2003, they did a check of those who had felonies. Quite a few were fired. I knew a few of them.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Btw the way who makes those decisions? I know ups is different from a lot of other places. A driver told me HR makes them decisions. Like for target they don’t make their own. From my understanding ups doesn’t have a “policy blanket”
I wouldn't worry to much about HR. Six months after I retired an HR employee call me to inform that I had been cleared to come back to work , I was on disability leave prior to retiring. I explained that I was retired and she said ok. On the next day she called again and I had to repeat everything to her. ON the 3rd day she called to see if I had returned my uniforms , my reply was that I wasn't a driver. ( technically I lost my DOT Card due to medical reasons 5 years earlier ). I still have the uniforms, use them every Halloween.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
GeorgeCarlinUPShiring.jpg

Hey, I just went to an interview and just now waiting for the background check. I have a misdemeanor (conspiracy to commit a crime) while I’m sure it won’t be a problem or at least I don't think so, not for package handler, considering what I've heard people have been hired for. however, I don’t want it to get to my turn and be offered to drive and they don’t let me because of it. Any thoughts? It’s not theft nor violent. It’s actually because I had unregistered firearm when I was 18, and I am now 23. I didn’t even have it on me. I have actually been losing my mind over this. also, my driving record is clean. I've been driving for about 3 years and have not ever been so much as pulled over (knock on wood)

We have felons with bad driving histories on the sort.

Hey guys, I’m also wondering the same thing.
My life long friend is a delivery driver of 5 years at UPS and is currently trying to get me in as a delivery driver. He talked to his boss today and told him about me. He said his boss seemed eager to get me in for an interview , ( I think they really need drivers since the holiday season is coming) I have an interview on Monday 10/28/19 but I have a felony (larceny 3rd) from 8 years ago. (2011) nothing else that’s the only charge. Do you think this will stop me from getting hired? How far back does the back ground check go?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Nope part of my bargain was to forfeit everything. They didn’t belong to me anyhow. I was letting a friend stay in my house and most of the :censored2: they found was his. It was my actual room. You think ups would kick me back over some stuff like that? I doubt they’re going to even ask me because it’s a misdemeanor. However, I’m just not sure

If he was your friend why didn’t he take the charges?