ups bar code question

DS

Fenderbender
I was accused today of having a late air.Where I am,int'l ups saver and express savers are end of day commits.
Whereas express are noon commits.
Is there a way to differentiate them from express by the barcode?
I will be getting a letter of reprimand unless I can prove it was a saver,and not an express.

bjamm

Let them give you a warning letter. Dont sign anything except with a big fat RTS.

Then file a grievance. They must have proof it was an early am or different commit, not you. Especially if it didnt show in your board as commit I wouldn't sweat it, its up to them to make the case.

brownedout

When some of these internationals are D CAP'd there are literally about 40 service codes that the data entry person can enter. Sure we all know 01..2..3..6..12,13,22 etc... but the service codes run straight through and into the 40's. If the person entering the information entered the incorrect service code, or even changed a valid code in error this is now the gospel. Hopefully that's all that happened to you DS, good luck.

Indecisi0n

DIAD should tell you if its late air.

I am sure you are aware of this but the savers are good for all day residential. Did you mistakenly code it as a business?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DS, your mgt team should have access to the list of all service codes used by UPS. I tried to find one in ups.com but was unable to. I seem to recall "68" as one of the international service codes.

bjamm---DS is not on PAS/EDD so this information will not show up in his DIAD.

iowa boy

DS, your mgt team should have access to the list of all service codes used by UPS. I tried to find one in ups.com but was unable to. I seem to recall "68" as one of the international service codes.

bjamm---DS is not on PAS/EDD so this information will not show up in his DIAD.

"66,67,and 68" are service codes used on international shipements along with the "01, 02, 03 and 04" codes. If memory serves, 66 is express, 67 is expedited, and 68 is standard or ground depending on where its going.

I have seen express shipments downgraded from express to "express saver" status without changing the service code in the system.

DS, are your commit times based on the zip codes like they are here in the states? As this could affect the commit times on the express or the express plus packages.

DS

Fenderbender
I guess it doesn't matter now, I got the letter this morning,grieved it and the center manager rescinded it just like that.
I do have the 1Z# but I forgot it at work.When I tracked it it came up express,but I'm 99% sure it was a saver.
All's well that ends well,I appreciate all your responses.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I believe what you are referring to is the 2 character code in the 9th and 10th position of the 18 character 1Z tracking number.
If that is the case, then 68 is the SLI (Service Level Indicator) for International Standard.
I will check with the Bar Code group on Monday and double check as I have not worked with SLI in a couple of years but I know Canada does not use the SLI of 68 for origin shipments so the package had to come into Canada from out of country (as of 2 years ago).

brownedout

When some of these internationals are D CAP'd there are literally about 40 service codes that the data entry person can enter. Sure we all know 01..2..3..6..12,13,22 etc... but the service codes run straight through and into the 40's. If the person entering the information entered the incorrect service code, or even changed a valid code in error this is now the gospel. Hopefully that's all that happened to you DS, good luck.

OK so it seems like I was off juuuust a little...a quick rough count tonight turned up 390 service levels, it was a quick count so it could be +/- 5 or so either way. Who woulda thought? WOW!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I will check with the Bar Code group on Monday

These guys? bmg.jpg
bmg.jpg

Last edited: