UPS body shop

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
It came down to the commute it was 32 miles, I’m 3 miles now from my current job and it was an afternoon shift. I’ve been on days for 30 years. It would’ve been a pretty good pay cut also to start. At my age, (I’m in my early 50’s) not sure I was willing to give up money now, not sure how much of pension I’d qualify for being I’ll probably work 9 more years, was trying very hard to weigh it out. If I had been younger I’d have went I’m sure for the benefits, for me it was a few sleepless nights. Turned out to be a lot tougher decision than when I first applied. I do regret at least not giving it a shot just couldn’t come to a solid decision, could always end up back in a dealership they’re always looking for body and paint guys.

Are you flat rate at the dealer?

Pretty good pay cut?? Was it a IAM union shop? Starting pay is 33 a hour top rate 40 plus per hour after 2 years. What is your hourly rate at the dealer?

I’m not sure what union it was they said 32.00 to start then over 2 years it would go up 20%. At my dealership we’re at 45% of labor rate, I make a little over 100,000 a year right now minus health care. 40 hour work week. It was tough decision for me I probably did make a mistake.