UPS Bracing for Atlanta Winter Storm tomorrow - Feb 12, 2014

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I grabbed a loaf of bread at a convenience store today (all the supermarkets were sold out) while I was filling up all my gas containers.
I have 24 gallons of gas for my generator which should be good for at least 3 days.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I grabbed a loaf of bread at a convenience store today (all the supermarkets were sold out) while I was filling up all my gas containers.
I have 24 gallons of gas for my generator which should be good for at least 3 days.
it's supposed to hit pretty hard your way! my wife's family lives in your neck of the woods and they are worried about losing power.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
it's supposed to hit pretty hard your way! my wife's family lives in your neck of the woods and they are worried about losing power.
It was a madhouse around town today.
It looked like Christmas Eve.
Interestedly, Home Depot looked about normal but Lowe's was packed.
Wifey went to Publix Grocery and there were no buggies available ... she followed someone out and when they unloaded their buggy, she got it.
Every register open and at least 12 people in every line.
I had to wait in line at the gas station myself.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Why do people make a run on bread and milk when a storm is coming? There is a severe banana shortage around here too for some reason. I always stock up early on food and gas, I don't mess with long lines and empty shelves. I'm making my first batch of beer too, I'm going to bottle it this weekend.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Wifey went to Publix Grocery and there were no buggies available ... she followed someone out and when they unloaded their buggy, she got it.

And, we're looking at maybe 3-5 inches of snow on top of the crusty and icy 8 inches left from last week.

Damn, I'll probably have to use 4wd to get to the beer store!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Buggies?

The storm, which would have hit us Thursday night in to Friday, is instead going to miss us to the east. Thank goodness-----it will be busy enough on Friday without having to deal with snow.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
National Weather Service has revised portions of North Georgia to get up to 2 inches of Ice followed by up to 6 inches of snow.

Hope they are wrong ... if as projected, people could be without electricity for a week or more.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Looks nasty on the radar. Took us a week to get back on track after the one day we closed two weeks ago. Lotta drivers hit 60 hours the week after. We were bringing missed packages back every night. Couple the fact Valentines is on Friday this is gunna be real interesting.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you wanna get drunk, drink every time the weathermen say "catastrophic storm". I am sipping on wine with the Mrs and it looks like I'm going to get laid.