UPS Bracing for Atlanta Winter Storm tomorrow - Feb 12, 2014

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Looks nasty on the radar. Took us a week to get back on track after the one day we closed two weeks ago. Lotta drivers hit 60 hours the week after. We were bringing missed packages back every night. Couple the fact Valentines is on Friday this is gunna be real interesting.
Missed? Around here they tell us sheet as EC for weeks after any snow. They love to use it as an excuse instead of admitting we are understaffed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Initially they thought that the storm was going to stay further off the coast but it appears now that it will track more inland. They are expecting 4-8" in our area with higher amounts off to the south and east.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Inch of sleet in my driveway, I'm sitting home today. My supervisor just called me and told me to stay, UPS "would try" to start later today. LOL at that. He was at home still, the company was suggesting that management get hotel rooms near the Hub last night. Interstates are iced up already.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Inch of sleet in my driveway, I'm sitting home today. My supervisor just called me and told me to stay, UPS "would try" to start later today. LOL at that. He was at home still, the company was suggesting that management get hotel rooms near the Hub last night. Interstates are iced up already.

Looking at an inch of ice and 3-4" of snow in top of that, here. We're staying home.

I'm not Miss Cleo but, I got a feeling the company Facebook/Twitter is going to be flooded with angry messages from people who didn't get their Shari's Berries or Pro Flowers on Friday. Annee and Seini will have their hands full. : (

Looking at an inch of ice and 3-4" of snow in top of that, here. We're staying home.

I'm not Miss Cleo but, I got a feeling the company Facebook/Twitter is going to be flooded with angry messages from people who didn't get their Shari's Berries or Pro Flowers on Friday. Annee and Seini will have their hands full. : (
You are probably so right it's not even funny.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
we were told yesterday we had a 0900 start today,but it aint gonna happen. It's beyond me as to why they would want drivers in this mess

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
just got the call from the boss that we arent working today. tomorrow is IFFY as well. i'm betting we work saturday to deliver the Valentines volume

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Why is a winter storm warning different in Atlanta than anywhere else?
The Governor of our state is giving a briefing ,declared a State of Emergency and requested people stay off the roads due to ice,debris and downed power lines,as well as to stay out of the way of Emergency and Power Vehichles

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
3 to 5 inches of snow expected here tomorrow followed by an inch or 2 of sleet and freezing rain followed by another couple inches of snow.

Just another winter day here.

Edit: That's on top of last week's 8 inches.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
While Atlanta isn't as big of a city as New York, LA, or Chicago, it is a regional transportation hub. With the airport and roads closing down, it makes a big impact that will take a while to recover from. Its hilly around here, not flat like other places.