UPS' Business like Appearance Policy

Do you think UPS should review its "Business Like" appearance policy?

• Yes

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters

farhantx

bernanke_ben.jpg

This is our U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke. I can't find any problem with this gentleman that he should be refused a job in UPS Management or for any FT Hourly position EXCEPT for that he doesn’t meat UPS’ Business like appearance policy :lol:.

FOR GOD’S SAKE, HE OVERSEES AND LEADS THE US ECONOMY. It’s time UPS ought to review its appearance policy and whenever we use phrase “business like” we should remember current Uncle Sam has a light beard too and he looks a brilliant businessman.

ikoi62

get over it they are not going to allow beards or long hair.
you knew when you were hired what the policy was if you didn't like it you shouldn't have stayed.
Drivers look bad enough these days with out adding beards or long hair or other stuff.

moreluck

golden ticket member
farhantx.....I guess you need to see the picture of Ben AFTER he's returned from lunch. You'll be able to see splashes of clam chowder and cracker crumbs all through that hairy old face.

area43

farhantx.....I guess you need to see the picture of Ben AFTER he's returned from lunch. You'll be able to see splashes of clam chowder and cracker crumbs all through that hairy old face.

More lmao, whats really worse is when the ants have invaded the beard, spraying that can of raid on it sure can be toxic LOL. Can't you see it can get out of hand. Seriously, UPS dosen't want beards. What next women with hair on their legs, I guess they do that in other countries. Ugggggh. Just another thing to worry about. Maybe we should have a poll on what our female customers prefer. I believe that would change alot of minds.

local804

Dont judge the book by its cover. Jesus Christ had long hair and a beard, but who really cares. The service part of this job in the ELI district has gone to sh&t and the morale is at an all time low. UPS CAN NOT keep staffing levels filled now so they might as well do something. Pretty soon they will be hiring ex-cons, oh wait, they did that already.(NY)

diesel96

LMAO....Is it me or did you just use the bearded clam reference?
Or maybe I take sub-liminal messages to a lower level!!

local804

local804....Are you saying that you're an ex-con? Gee....what were ya in for? Maybe Paris Hilton will get hired as your helper next peak.

As a supervisor and a brown cafe member, I am sure you know what I am talking about. When Paris dont come to work the next day because she cant walk, guess who will be my helper........You guessed it, either BD or a supervisor lol maybe you.........lol

B

Ben Bernanke

This is our U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke. I can't find any problem with this gentleman that he should be refused a job in UPS Management or for any FT Hourly position EXCEPT for that he doesn’t meat UPS’ Business like appearance policy :lol:.

FOR GOD’S SAKE, HE OVERSEES AND LEADS THE US ECONOMY. It’s time UPS ought to review its appearance policy and whenever we use phrase “business like” we should remember current Uncle Sam has a light beard too and he looks a brilliant businessman.

If you want to grow a beard and look like a slob, join the rest of them over in Airborne/DHL.

705red

Browncafe Steward
As a supervisor and a brown cafe member, I am sure you know what I am talking about. When Paris dont come to work the next day because she cant walk, guess who will be my helper........You guessed it, either BD or a supervisor lol maybe you.........lol

You can hire some of those yankee players to help ya, and early to they wont have anything to do come october!

Sammie

You all have it down already. In dealing with your customers you've perfected the handshake, eye contact, body language, posture, and listening skills. I know you polish your shoes every day and press your uniforms every night to get that razor sharp crease effect going, but I think that adding a brown tie to your already coordinated ensemble would be the finishing touch that nobody has thought of yet...

ups_vette

local804....When you say Paris woun't be abel to walk the next day, is that the result of you and Paris spending your lunch hour at the Motel 6?

upsdude

Since most drivers say they don't get a lunch, the dirty beard will never be a problem! :thumbup1:

BTW, I wish the company held our package cars to the same appearance policy drivers are held to. :thumbup1:

tups

Business like appearance policy? Where? Not in my center.......got my regular package car back today from it's PMI. Nice shiny painted black wheels with the silver trim....OOOOOOOO spiffy! Especially when you look at all the dirt on the car because our center manager has told the guys inside at night not to wash cars anymore. The back door looks deplorable especially with all the hand prints in the dirt. Business like appearance policy, my *ss!!!!! It's embarrasing as a driver and should be embarrasing to UPS as a company that they are letting this happen. It's been over 6 months since it's been washed. Nice professional image we are putting out there.