UPS CEO, fresh off a strong holiday peak, turns to defense

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS CEO, fresh off a strong holiday peak, turns to defense - Reuters

Boosted by an unexpectedly strong end to a tumultuous year, United Parcel Service Inc Chief Executive Carol Tomé is making defensive moves to keep Amazon.com Inc, regional delivery companies and other rivals from stealing customers.

Tomé, the first outsider to lead the 114-year-old company, plans to personalize customer pricing and modernize systems like billing and claims to make it easier for customers to do business with the world’s largest parcel delivery firm.

“Every morning I wake up looking around corners to see who is trying to get a piece of our pie,” Tomé said in a telephone interview with Reuters.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
UPS CEO, fresh off a strong holiday peak, turns to defense - Reuters

Boosted by an unexpectedly strong end to a tumultuous year, United Parcel Service Inc Chief Executive Carol Tomé is making defensive moves to keep Amazon.com Inc, regional delivery companies and other rivals from stealing customers.

Tomé, the first outsider to lead the 114-year-old company, plans to personalize customer pricing and modernize systems like billing and claims to make it easier for customers to do business with the world’s largest parcel delivery firm.

“Every morning I wake up looking around corners to see who is trying to get a piece of our pie,” Tomé said in a telephone interview with Reuters.

Sheets about to get real

BrownFury

She can start with Lowe’s. The shipping guy at the Lowe’s on my route told me Tuesday that they’re now shipping exclusively with FedEx and poof the Lowe’s pickup was off my board the next day.

Same goes the Vans. We lost them to FedEx over the summer.