UPS Clothes

U

ups24

Does anyone have the web address where we can order the rain gear and jackets from. I asked my center manager and he could not remember and a couple of drivers told me where to look, but I have not seen them. I got the cat. in the mail sometime back and was going to order one of the rain jackets they have to wear to work but lost the book. Any help would be great.

D

deliver_man

You need to login to see the UPS uniform program.

You can also call the 800 number, they will verify that you are a UPS employee and then give you an ID and PW

D

dammor

Am I the only one here that has a problem with someone trying to order what they call UPS Clothes? Think about it.

D

deliver_man

Am I the only one here that has a problem with someone trying to order what they call UPS Clothes? Think about it.

What exactly is the problem?

U

ups24

Sorry if you have a problem with my asking. I am employed with UPS and have been for 24 years. I know these are not the regular uniforms we wear but alot of the drivers were I work have ordered the light weight jackets and the raingear that they have. We used to order from rodes but that changed awhile back. By the way how do we know you work at UPS?

D

dammor

deliver man,

My problem was with the term UPS clothes. Don't think I have ever heard a UPS person call them clothes. They are your browns, your uniforms, or many other things, but seldom are called clothes by anyone I have been around in my 23 years. Another problem I have is someone trying to get thier hands on these so called UPS clothes that might not work for UPS. As you must know we can get into places most people can't because of the uniform. We are also trusted by most little old women and the general public for the same reason. I saw a thread earlier where someone was trying to buy a uniform off of e-bay. Are you comfortable with that??

ups 24,

No, you cannot be sure that I work at UPS, just as I cannot be sure you do. I think the e-bay thing got me a bit riled up. It's true you will not find the raincoats and such on the usual uniform requisition form. Same with the socks we wear with our shorts every summer. Surely one of your sups knows how to get a catalog. If not, let me know and I will find out here at my center. Sorry if I offended you, but it's difficult to know who you are talking to these days. Are you in a small center?

U

ups24

I didn't call them browns since they are not part of our usual atire. I did ask my center manager and he said he would get the info but 2 weeks later never gave me anything.
I do work in a small center compared to some. When I started 24 yrs ago only 13 people now 44 drivers and most likely that many or more part time people. I am 4th on the senority list out of all there.
I do know about the problems at E-bay and I do agree that it worries me considering the idea we do go places most people are not able to and no one gives us a second thought.
The new coats we have are way to hot to wear when it is only 40 or so outside. Don't know if you have one of the new 2 part coats but I hate the outer part and only wear the inner part of the coat which is way to warm for me. I may just dig in the box of old browns I have and get out my old jacket and start wearing it again. I only wish I could have got this info from work.
My wife was going to order the nylon jacket as a gift. I have said before I would never buy anything like this since you can only wear them to work. But guess I might eat my words.
Sorry for any concern you may have had and if I had thought about it, before I asked the question, I would have realized or even thought the same thing if I had read the post from someone else. Have a good evening and I am going to get back to enjoying my last week of vacation before peak.

Thanks again. Will call work tomorrow and try again.

U

ups79

I doubt if you will wear the nylon rain jacket, after you get it. You sweat so bad under it that you are better off getting wet from the rain.

A

archibald

IF YOU NEED A FAIRLY NEW RAINCOAT GO TO SPRINGDALE AR. THEY TRADED MY NEW POWER STEERING PCKGE CAR TO THEM AND DIDN'T BOTHER TAKING OUT THE RAINCOAT I PAID FOR. DON'T WANT TO SOUND BITTER BUT THE FACTS ARE THE FACTS. I HOPE THEY ARE ENJOYIN BOTH OF THEM.
sad2.gif