Ups contract/Orion

Poop Head

Judge me.
Why isn’t getting rid of Orion in any of the negotiations, mgmt knows it’s garbage, drivers know it’s garbage. Winwin
I honestly would have voted yes, but this ram-rodding of Orion has blown my mind. Made me realize, upper level management is :censored2:ing nuts.

Only thing I can think of was that they did this so we (drivers) would work with management to "fix" the Orion Trace, thus making it "easier" for scabs to do our jobs.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
ORION cannot be fixed.
The underlying concept is irredeemably flawed.
It is nothing but an exercise in forced stupidity for the sake of generating a compliance metric.
They spent the money on it so they have to make believe that it works in order to justify the expense.
The only workable “solution” would be to turn RDO back on and have the drivers hold all non-commit stops in prerecord, and then give their DIADS to a clerk at night whose job it would be to stop-complete the work in whatever order was needed to spoon-feed the desired compliance metric to the idiots in Atlanta who came up with this abortion.
We get the work done, they get to see a number on a report. Win/win.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
In my opinion, ORION has always been a scare tactic, by the company, to make us believe anyone can do our job. You only have to look as far as PAL labels, and the idea “anyone” could be a preloader, to see how that works out.

In my opinion, ORION has always been a scare tactic, by the company, to make us believe anyone can do our job. You only have to look as far as PAL labels, and the idea “anyone” could be a preloader, to see how that works out.
wDoREj4eizD6E.gif

panchovilla

Why isn’t getting rid of Orion in any of the negotiations, mgmt knows it’s garbage, drivers know it’s garbage. Winwin
To me it’s funny that RDO was removed yet, I still rum my route my and no Supervisor will enforce ORION. Just waiting to see when they’ll start enforcing ORION so that I can laugh all the way to the bank$$$$.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
ODU, cannot be fixed. It doesn't account for any real life traffic situations. No such thing as a perfect day and/or perfect load every single day.

BUCN85

I was off the other day and came back to find out the fill in for my route missed 3 commercial stops(almost 5) and then needed a couple pickups taken off of him. All because of following Orion

tadpole

The only workable “solution” would be to turn RDO back on and have the drivers hold all non-commit stops in prerecord, and then give their DIADS to a clerk at night whose job it would be to stop-complete the work in whatever order was needed to spoon-feed the desired compliance metric to the idiots in Atlanta who came up with this abortion.
We get the work done, they get to see a number on a report. Win/win.
No. GPS/timestamps would all be off, all air would show as late.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If I were a supervisor or center manager there's no way I'd take the risk of turning it off. Do you think upper management couldn't review the dispatch?

Yer fired!

I can't disagree with that.

I pulled this pic off a drivers facebook page and he was bragging how they can just

walk into the dispatch office and change it themselves. And no one says anything.

Others chimed in, and said it was being done in their location for "certain" routes.

Either way.... it makes you say Hmmm....

-Bug-