UPS couldn't find my house so they sent me a notice to let me know.. at my house.

laffter

UPS couldn't find my house so they sent me a notice to let me know.. at my house. : funny

hKD9sH9.jpg

jaker

trolling
Do you have a number on your house , I wouldn't put it pass another driver to not have the address on their house

barnyard

KTM rider
Plus, those postcards are 'return service.' Which means if you moved or that is not the correct address, the postcard is returned to UPS with the correct address.

All in all, pretty lame 'joke' if you ask me.

rod

Retired 22 years
More than once I called someone to get directions to their house and they would say---what do you mean you can't find my house- you put mail in my mailbox every day. Another one was the old "20 mailboxes at the end of the road trick" and the customer gets PO because we still can't find his house.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I like when I can't find the house or verify the address of the house I think it might be and No Such Address the package; I get the package back the next day with directions, go to the house, meet the customer, and they point to the number on the house. WTF they say. They painted over it with the same paint as the house.

CONTRAST people/ I'm not superman.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I wish a bill was passed making it a federal offense not to have your address visible (in PLAIN SIGHT, not those tiny numbers under the overhang above your garage!) by your front door/large on the garage. At least a city ordinance...

HomeDelivery

I like when I can't find the house or verify the address of the house I think it might be and No Such Address the package; I get the package back the next day with directions, go to the house, meet the customer, and they point to the number on the house. WTF they say. They painted over it with the same paint as the house.

yea, my brother re-painted his house & I had to slap him in the back of the head to use contrast when he painted over the numbers

as for problem customers, please refer them to the following thread:

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f50/why-no-house-mailbox-345352/

and thank them later for doing so or they'll have me w/ my marker writing their numbers on the inside of the mailbox

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

I couldn't agree with you more. People know their own house so they don't SEE that there is no contrast between the dark brown trim and the black numbers or the light color and gold numbers. Even from a typical resi street where the house sits only 20 or 30 ft from the road, it can be hard to see those numbers. On a rural street, where the houses sit to hell and back, HA!

Leftinbuilding

I used to deliver a very rural area and often had to call the consignee to get directions to their home. More than once the people did not even know the color of their home. I have had people tell me the color of their home, and when I finally found them, (by process of elimination and using other hints they may have given) and pointed out the actual color, they have been shocked. Some of the old timers will remember the "card files". Detailed directions to each home, and second in value to the pkg car itself.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I love when I sheet it as NSN and the next day all it says is good address reattempt.

Brownslave688

I wish a bill was passed making it a federal offense not to have your address visible (in PLAIN SIGHT, not those tiny numbers under the overhang above your garage!) by your front door/large on the garage. At least a city ordinance...

The house I bought has an address plaque. Like almost all new homes in towns. The plaque is brown with copper colored numbers. Not exactly easy to see in the dark.

I have large black on white numbers on my mailbox and my address painted on the curb. I know how frustrating it is.

Brownslave688

I used to deliver a very rural area and often had to call the consignee to get directions to their home. More than once the people did not even know the color of their home. I have had people tell me the color of their home, and when I finally found them, (by process of elimination and using other hints they may have given) and pointed out the actual color, they have been shocked. Some of the old timers will remember the "card files". Detailed directions to each home, and second in value to the pkg car itself.

I've taken to asking the name of the person on the package when I pull up to a house and am not sure if I'm at the right place.

I can't tell u how many times I've asked 8020 jones st? All I get is a blank stare and a long uhhhhh. 30 seconds later yeah I that's us I think.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a lady tell me over the phone when I called for directions---you just go down that road and you will see smoke coming out of my chimney. "That road" was 20+ miles long-- it was winter-- everyone who lived on "that road" had smoke coming out of their chimney. People can be really stupid. I had another lady tell me she didn't know where she lived because she didn't get out of the house very often because husband never takes her to town. For some reason its was always the women who were living in a fog.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Now 'card files' are actually c-pad notes. I use them liberally on my rte. :happy-very: