UPS driver accused of slashing dogs with box cutter during delivery

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Did it die? When we used to be on paper I had a friend that had to throw his metal clip board at a shepherd and it hit it right in the head and killed it.

No, she did not die, but stunned her momentarily. Enough time for me to get the hell out of there.

New delivery area, fenced yard. Did the usual, banged gate, made plenty of noise to alert any dogs I was there. Nothing. Went in the gate toward the door, passed a big bush on the right and had a 110 pound female shepherd charging me, ears back and growling. I wound up and hit her with that DIAD with all I had as she lunged for my arm.

Funny thing is? We made up weeks later. I got on her good side. She now looks forward to me delivering packages to her house.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No, she did not die, but stunned her momentarily. Enough time for me to get the hell out of there.

New delivery area, fenced yard. Did the usual, banged gate, made plenty of noise to alert any dogs I was there. Nothing. Went in the gate toward the door, passed a big bush on the right and had a 110 pound female shepherd charging me, ears back and growling. I wound up and hit her with that DIAD with all I had as she lunged for my arm.

Funny thing is? We made up weeks later. I got on her good side. She now looks forward to me delivering packages to her house.
My rule number one, is if there is a gate, I dont open it. But thats just me.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
My rule number one, is if there is a gate, I dont open it. But thats just me.

Now ya tell me. But hey, I made a new friend. Had some fun on a safety ride. Sup followed me in the gate to deliver this house. I was particularly quiet that day. She came at us from that bush and I yelled DOG, RUN to the sup. He ran so fast back to that package car that I was rolling on the grass laughing while Sheba was licking my face. He was pissed. Oh well.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Now ya tell me. But hey, I made a new friend. Had some fun on a safety ride. Sup followed me in the gate to deliver this house. I was particularly quiet that day. She came at us from that bush and I yelled DOG, RUN to the sup. He ran so fast back to that package car that I was rolling on the grass laughing while Sheba was licking my face. He was pissed. Oh well.
Big dog lover here, specially big dogs. As you might see by my avatar. But I dont go through gates, just for that reason, LOL.

That's a feel good story.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
All I got to say is what :censored2: carries a box cutter with him delivering in his pocket? What an idiot you slash a dogs face with a knife and you don't think theres going to be repercussions? Always carry your diad with you in your hand at every stop just in case you need to swing that sumbitch at a dog. Im sorry I don't mean to sound like a peckerhead about it and im also a dog lover but another example of our UPS finest dumbest drivers in full effect.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
These dumbassed owners probably ordered something and gave no thought to the fact that somebody would have to deliver it to their home. The wife interviewed on TV looked like some Mrs. Richbitch who never worked a day in her life and her dogs can do no wrong.

I love dogs (I own two of them) but they never are allowed to get near anyone trying make a delivery.

I hope the UPS driver sues.

oldngray

nowhere special
Some houses you have to go inside gate to get to the front door. You can look around but there could be a dog waiting to ambush you. If you know the area you know where the dogs are but if its an area you don't know you could still get jumped. I agree having a box cutter sounds like am a-hole just waiting for an excuse to use it. There are too many other things you could use as a club to hold off dog without getting bloody and causing visible damage.