UPS driver accused of slashing dogs with box cutter during delivery

brownrod

Ups policy allows us to carry box cutters. We are not allowed to carry a knife.

I've never read anything that said we aren't allowed to carry knives. The only policy I've read is that we aren't allowed to have "weapons."
In my state a knife with a blade under 3" in length is not considered a weapon.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've never read anything that said we aren't allowed to carry knives. The only policy I've read is that we aren't allowed to have "weapons."
In my state a knife with a blade under 3" in length is not considered a weapon.
We had a PCM about this after a part timer cut themselves with a knife. We can not carry knives.

Doesn't really matter if your state considers it a weapon. Just ups.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
First thing that hits me is, You go away without your dog? Call me weird but I never do. A weekend away with hubby and son, Fido(s) is part of the family????

Yes you have an invisible fence and its marked, that you have one, but Jughead, we dont know where it is, Its invisible.

Ups did a bonehead move apologizing, I hope they sue the living crap out of them.

A driver needs to protect himself if being attacked, end of story. UPS instruction on dogs is crap. They dont know dogs. All they know is $$.

My advice to the dog owners is, when you know stuff is coming, put the dogs away. I am sure they have the ability to track. And even better advice, is dont use us. Use Fed ex, or Usps, I am sure they will just lay down and be mauled.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The vast majority of drivers are able to do both on a daily basis.
As I have said in a previous post, I haven't had any issues after a year of delivering unless I'm doing someone else's area from a split or if someone new moves in on the route. I have had 0 dog bites and 0 accidents in 15 years, I must be doing something right. How about you?

As I have said in a previous post, I haven't had any issues after a year of delivering unless I'm doing someone else's area from a split or if someone new moves in on the route. I have had 0 dog bites and 0 accidents in 15 years, I must be doing something right. How about you?
No crosswalks,on your route?

Sorry Jack,couldn't resist!:blushing2:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
O bites, on area, one near my home. Long story. 19 yrs accident free.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Next time the driver should just let the dogs maul him? I've been in some scary situations with dogs over the years and know how to handle the situations most of the time but there has been time where I've had to kick punch and one time in particular the I had to hit a pit with a hubcap.

Broke my old DIAD II over a shepherds head years ago.