UPS driver fed up with trucks that don't have A/C

purplesky

UPS cares about the condition of their customer packages.

No they actually dont care anymore now about package handling Mr. retired UPS MILLIONAIRE.:wink2: I get so sick and tired of people throwing packages onto the belts AND THE SUPS JUST DONT CARE.

Its really embarrassing and hard to explain to people why their package looks like it might be damaged.

pkgdriver

so if we are supposed to stay hydrated...are we going to get a few more 10 minute breaks for the amount of pee that is flowing??

I drink a lot more in Summer and pee less than Winter.

If the pkg car in the video is hers she should be thankful she has a 3pt seat belt,power steering and a low step. AC is not high on my list.

purplesky

I'm continually amazed at people who don't get sarcasm. :wink2:

Ok sorry. Didnt get the sarcasm Hoax. Its kind of frustrating that UPS doesnt adjust the package car dispatch to help deal with extreme heat in the summer.

A/C isnt really a realistic option but they could atleast pretend to care about the drivers out in the heat for 12 hours.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Ok sorry. Didnt get the sarcasm Hoax. Its kind of frustrating that UPS doesnt adjust the package car dispatch to help deal with extreme heat in the summer.

A/C isnt really a realistic option but they could at least pretend to care about the drivers out in the heat for 12 hours.

They are too busy pretending elsewhere?

This is a serious issue. Having experienced this numerous times made me realize how unsafe it is. I worked in a truck like this during 108 degree weather, the cargo area had to be at least 130. When you add the usual heavy lifting and a fast pace, it has a recipe for disaster. The people who run UPS and other carriers just don't understand the reality of the situation; never having experienced it themselves. And just like many other industries they will wait until drivers start passing out from heat exhaustion until they do anything about it. The irony is the customers package in the cargo area, that perishable stuff is toast.

UpsYours

Not sure what she means about heat in the trucks in NY.try delivering in a snow storm sister.It gets hot in the summer in NY too honey.24 years ago when i started we used to deliver in neighborhoods with bulk head and rear doors open when its was hot. no fans back then i think we were still in long pants then too.

FilingBluesFL

You guys and gals are all bitching and complaining...

But at least none of you have to work with her, like I do!

And yes, that is her car, unless it's changed for the route bids that just came and went.

Also, I wonder if they pulled up the time records to see if she punched out for that interview...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Its all the drivers (workers) fault don't you understand? Your life style, your (loser) habits outside of work, your failure to follow UPS's shifting constellation of 10,0000 work rules and procedures. UPS's work pace, work load, work rules, equipment, and environmental stresses have zero to do with heat stroke, heat exhaustion or any injuries period. Now go get your lawyers (aka, pound sand) cause we've got a method and a procedure for this or that or anything that points the finger back at us (UPS) plus billions of $$ and legions of lawyers to make whats wrong right.

This makes it into top ten posts of brown cafe history...