UPS driver gunned down for taking too long to parallel park

Zowert

Double park and block traffic. Parallel parking would be a very unsafe thing to do.
Once in a while I’ll have someone get out of their vehicle when I’m blocking a residential street and come up to ask me why I don’t parallel park. Then I ask them where they want me to park and they always point to a spot that’s the exact same length as my truck. My response is the same every time, “Here’s the keys, do you wanna try and parallel park this POS there?” To which I get the same reply, a silent walk back to their vehicle.

I try not to block traffic too much and when I do I make sure I’m quick. There are too many psychopaths with firearms on the road. I’ve never had a gun pulled on me but I have been threatened more times than I can remember. So I’d rather walk most of my crap off and block the street for over 70’s. Never had anyone give me a hard time for blocking traffic while I’m lugging a 140lbs piece of furniture up to someone’s front door. I actually had one dude get out and offer a hand. “I didn’t realize you guys delivered stuff THIS heavy, that’s insane!”

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I got lost one time in Oakland California with a set of doubles down a dead end street.
It was a cul de sac so I tried turning around and it was extremely tight. I had to drag the rear trailer around.
I thought I had pinched an airline so I got out and inspect them.

BIG MISTAKE

3 brothers started walking up to me demanding a toll for coming into their "hood " I could smell alcohol
I had my bump bar with me and was bumping tires and even metal real loud.
Inner voice said "don't stop walking" I told them it was Friday and a pay day and I was broke.
I got into the tractor quick and left before I became another Denny. ( before denny was a denny )

This was in the summer of 1982 and I remember this as if it were yesterday.