UPS driver gunned down for taking too long to parallel park

over9five

Staff member
I got lost one time in Oakland California with a set of doubles down a dead end street.
It was a cul de sac so I tried turning around and it was extremely tight. I had to drag the rear trailer around.
I thought I had pinched an airline so I got out and inspect them.

BIG MISTAKE

3 brothers started walking up to me demanding a toll for coming into their "hood " I could smell alcohol
I had my bump bar with me and was bumping tires and even metal real loud.
Inner voice said "don't stop walking" I told them it was Friday and a pay day and I was broke.
I got into the tractor quick and left before I became another Denny. ( before denny was a denny )

This was in the summer of 1982 and I remember this as if it were yesterday.
Why didn't you pull your gun?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I got lost one time in Oakland California with a set of doubles down a dead end street.
It was a cul de sac so I tried turning around and it was extremely tight. I had to drag the rear trailer around.

BIG MISTAKE

3 brothers started walking up to me demanding a toll for coming into their "hood " I could smell alcohol
Inner voice said "don't stop walking" I told them it was Friday and a pay day and I was broke.
I got into the tractor quick and left before I became another Denny. ( before denny was a denny )

Cool story…I hear Disney is hiring

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The Thug will be out in 5 years or less. Most likely make a plea deal to get less that the 17 plus credit for time served.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Why didn't you pull your gun?
Didnt think there was a danger until too late and was out of the tractor. This was before I started working for UPS.

Only pulled out gun one time. delivering to Los Angeles market at around 4 a.m when a guy jumped up on my step and told me i had to hire him to unload truck. I was moving at the time .....about 5 mph . was told by other drivers to never stop at red lights in downtown LA at night.

Anyway I said No and he kept harassing me so pulled out piece I was sitting on and he jumped right off.

Unless any of you haters ever delivered to the L.A. market at 3-4 oclock in the morning then you dont know :censored2: about it.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Didnt think there was a danger until too late and was out of the tractor. This was before I started working for UPS.

Only pulled out gun one time. delivering to Los Angeles market at around 4 a.m when a guy jumped up on my step and told me i had to hire him to unload truck. I was moving at the time .....about 5 mph . was told by other drivers to never stop at red lights in downtown LA at night.

Anyway I said No and he kept harassing me so pulled out piece I was sitting on and he jumped right off.

Unless any of you haters ever delivered to the L.A. market at 3-4 oclock in the morning then you dont know :censored2: about it.
🤣

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

BIG MISTAKE

@burrheadd … post of the year?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

You need to write a book! “The extraordinary times in the life of Frankie”

542thruNthru

I don't care if you believe me or not. have you ever been in Oakland at 3 o'clock in the morning? you don't stop for anything. I had a guy jump up on my step while almost at a stop at a light and told me to pull over. I pointed the gun at him and he jumped off. this was around 1981 or 82. years before I worked for UPS.

and I NEVER told anyone at work that I carried . and I am sure i wasnt the only one. lots of drivers carried other weapons like ball bats, bump bars, and pepper spray or mace. they spoke of that but no one was stupid enough to admit to carrying a firearm.

there must be other bay area drivers here that can back me up. most bay area drivers are pretty tough themselves. how about the Sanfrancisco hub that has all those homeless people roaming around at night? it can be more than frightening to break up a set around 3-4 oclock in the morning. the shifters are around but not always. I hated going there.

I'm sorry... Which one was it. L.A. or Oakland?

SMH

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

BIG MISTAKE

1FE816F3-1A45-4451-B2B8-8CB8EC04D9A8.gif