UPS driver gunned down for taking too long to parallel park

Mutineer

I do. Hell, i used to go out of my way to do it. I had a p1000 where the front wheels could turn almost at 90°. I swear could park that bitch in a one car length spot.
On the back of each steering knuckle is an adjustable bolt and lock nut. These are to prevent overtravel of the steering.
If these are missing, (sometimes they fall out on their own) this will allow a very tight turning radius.

The problem is that it will be possible to have the steering turned fully right or left and if you accelerate too quickly, the front tires will slide and the vehicle will go straight.

Some people will remove those bolts on purpose in order to improve maneuverability.

I have been known to be one of those naughty people.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
See what happens when you back up? Don't back
In my portion of the hood I am constantly backing at intersections because most streets are too narrow to drive down (or at least, not if you wanted to keep your job when Shirley complains about a scraped bumper, even if most are technically possible) and I will park on whichever corner is unoccupied and walk them off from there. Often leaving the same way I came in, which of course involves a minimum of 1 backing maneuver. The streets that run directly adjacent to larger throughfares are the ones you have to watch out for, the kids will use these streets to bypass the main road for god knows what reasons, and I would not be surprised if they are the same demographic that would pull a gun on me.

Most of the streets clear up on garbage day, go figure, then go right back to awful a day later.

With all those backs though, I can't imagine trying to parallel park.

Last edited: