UPS Driver Helper Winter Attire

After being a Drivers Helper, did you go on to work full time at UPS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

6Brown

Driver Helper
Hey guys,

I just got the job as a driver helper. I'm really looking forward to working with the hard working people of UPS for the season!

I was given a brown pullover jacket and some brown pants as my uniform. What will I be allowed to wear underneath to keep warm? I have a black hoodie that I was thinking about wearing underneath, but I'm not sure if that is against dress code.

I'm not trying to bend or break any rules, I just want to know a textbook answer on what I can and can't wear.

Thanks!

stepitup

Depending on what you consider cold, I have found that an under armour, long sleeve, shirt that wicks moisture works great. The winter pull overs they provide are really warm. With all the hustle you are going to put forth you are going to need something to keep the sweat off your skin to prevent chills. Cotton as your base layer is not good. I would think white or brown would stay within the uniform guidelines.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Just be warm and comfortable. Half the time my helper is just in a sweatshirt and his brown pants. Those pullovers are so ridiculously warm that you'll want to take it off. Your driver won't care what you're wearing as long as you show up on time and do what he tells you to.

km3

Hey guys,

I just got the job as a driver helper. I'm really looking forward to working with the hard working people of UPS for the season!

I was given a brown pullover jacket and some brown pants as my uniform. What will I be allowed to wear underneath to keep warm? I have a black hoodie that I was thinking about wearing underneath, but I'm not sure if that is against dress code.

I'm not trying to bend or break any rules, I just want to know a textbook answer on what I can and can't wear.

Thanks!

When I was a helper, HR told me that any clothing visible under the "uniform" must be white or brown, except for socks, which must be brown or black.

Unless you get a lot of days that are at sub-zero temperatures, I doubt you'll need more than one or two layers of t-shirts underneath the jacket.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
I just wear a military jacket cold weather liner underneath the UPS jacket if it gets cold out. It's a green color, but no one is ever going to see it. So I really don't care. None of the drivers in my area care either.

You'd be surprised at some of the things I have seen some of the other driver helpers get away with here.

Last edited:

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Depending on what you consider cold, I have found that an under armour, long sleeve, shirt that wicks moisture works great. The winter pull overs they provide are really warm. With all the hustle you are going to put forth you are going to need something to keep the sweat off your skin to prevent chills. Cotton as your base layer is not good. I would think white or brown would stay within the uniform guidelines.

Actually linen makes a good base layer. It doesn't drench as much as cotton does.