UPS Driver killed in Colorado Springs

quad decade guy

Stupid question time-----is there such a thing as a simulator for tractor trailer drivers?

Great question. You do know right? Bet your fortune on no. The only place would be Chicago and only mgt. Not the thousands of feeder drivers. Just mgt.(who lot's never even sat in a feeder). Modern technology for safety? Hardly. For disciplinary action? You bet.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Great question. You do know right? Bet your fortune on no. The only place would be Chicago and only mgt. Not the thousands of feeder drivers. Just mgt.(who lot's never even sat in a feeder). Modern technology for safety? Hardly. For disciplinary action? You bet.

I wasn't being a smart ass. Yes, I could have Googled it, but I thought I would ask here instead.

A feeder sim could have the ability to expose the driver to any and all possible scenarios while on road, including the blow out of a steer tire.

quad decade guy

So they use it primarily for accident reconstruction?

To be clear. I don't know if they have one. Or if one exists. I understand they have skid pads and such. The point is mgt. only gets that training. Drivers don't. Ever seen a skid pad or driven on a UPS one? I certainly haven't. A skid for me would be test pilot stuff. No wonder the outcomes. Modern technology(telematics) is for production enforcement and disciplinary action/enforcement. They say production enhancement....but we all know how that goes.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
6A40337B-A64B-43D8-8638-08FC8E8E7075.jpeg

I saw this on Facebook.

PT Car Washer

Drivers on break? Trying not to be too negative. I can't imagine them sanctioning anything involved in a fatality. I have never seen them acknowledge an accident/fatality especially one involving no seatbelt(allegedly).
Could be a local management decision. I really doubt if corporate sanctioned the memorial service.

quad decade guy

I think it was an impromptu gathering arranged by the drivers for the drivers.

We had a center manager die shortly after he left the company. He was killed as a result of a construction accident. The sea of brown at his wake was overwhelming.

Ok. Again this on the clock with Company vehicles? No way in hell. All happen to be on break? I(as well as you) have NEVER stopped work for a funeral as a Company. Maybe a copy paper notice in the lobby or bulletin board made by an employee but NEVER by the Company under ANY circumstances. We had a division mgr. blow his brains out in a hub office....not a peep.

rod

Retired 22 years
I wonder if any Karens stopped to ask for their package while they had their service. Smh...
Back in my time it was for their Avon crap or to ask if you had any Beanie Babies in your load. Those ladies didn't care if they followed you into a bathroom--they wanted to know right now. They used to be waiting for me at my first stop when I rolled into the town I delivered to.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Back in my time it was for their Avon crap or to ask if you had any Beanie Babies in your load. Those ladies didn't care if they followed you into a bathroom--they wanted to know right now. They used to be waiting for me at my first stop when I rolled into the town I delivered to.
They really wanted your body , Rod.