UPS Driver killed in Colorado Springs

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He is right about both Beanie Babies and Avon.

There was a group of about 15 women armed with cellphones who would follow us around and would let the others know if we had them on the car and where we were going to deliver them. The boxes used to reveal their contents-----the company had to change that when it started to get out of hand.

Avon "ladies" were even worse. God forbid you show up late with their order. One of the drivers had a distributor on his area and he refused to break off to deliver her boxes. It got to the point where she would put her stuff on hold and send her husband to pick it up. The cover drivers would always break off as it easier to get rid of the 15-20 boxes than to work around them all day.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Stupid question time-----is there such a thing as a simulator for tractor trailer drivers?
Somewhere in Tulsa there is a company called Similator Systems Int that sells and or produces them.

What ups has idk. Larger hubs? You never know what may fit their fancy....if it'll pay for itself over time.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I think it was an impromptu gathering arranged by the drivers for the drivers.

We had a center manager die shortly after he left the company. He was killed as a result of a construction accident. The sea of brown at his wake was overwhelming.
Must not have been any center manager we've known after the strike.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
...and, unfortunately, I seriously doubt local management sanctioned the memorial service...
Probably was ok since Orion had three of them delivering the same proximity block area there and one more was sent to pick up an on call air for the business one of the delivery drivers just left.

Johney

Our center had a driver die of a heart attack over a weekend a while back(10 years ago maybe)and his casket was brought to the church were his service was being held on a Saturday in his package car he drove on his route. It was driven there by the driver next to him and his good friend.The church was filled with management and fellow employees.

quad decade guy

Our center had a driver die of a heart attack over a weekend a while back(10 years ago maybe)and his casket was brought to the church were his service was being held on a Saturday in his package car he drove on his route. It was driven there by the driver next to him and his good friend.The church was filled with management and fellow employees.

Hard to even imagine something like that around here. I can imagine his local mgt. worrying more about training a new driver and all the hassle etc. Probably more so....OMG mgt. having to brown down. With all respect to the driver and family.

quad decade guy

@quad decade guy

Have you gotten to the point, where you can sleep in the berth....

while someone else is driving ? Serious question.

It depends on what you call "sleep". 8 straight? No way. My experience and as I understand it, my B driver's: Mondays are toughest. Get reacquainted with the weirdness of the bunk and all the road noise, jarring, levitation etc. You get so exhausted that by about Thursday you "sleep" and maybe dream. Dreaming kind of let's me know I fell dead asleep and the sunshine peeking through the curtains, sometimes 8 straight(1 day a week?). B driver and I laugh, muse about our similar experiences. The quality of the road surface makes a big difference and you can tell what state you are in. TMI? Sorry. Short answer? Not really. To be clear: it's not the B driver I worry about(you must trust without doubt), I can only describe it as trying to sleep in a covered wagon in a rock garden.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
It depends on what you call "sleep". 8 straight? No way. My experience and as I understand it, my B driver's: Mondays are toughest. Get reacquainted with the weirdness of the bunk and all the road noise, jarring, levitation etc. You get so exhausted that by about Thursday you "sleep" and maybe dream. Dreaming kind of let's me know I fell dead asleep and the sunshine peeking through the curtains, sometimes 8 straight(1 day a week?). B driver and I laugh, muse about our similar experiences. The quality of the road surface makes a big difference and you can tell what state you are in. TMI? Sorry. Short answer? Not really. To be clear: it's not the B driver I worry about(you must trust without doubt), I can only describe it as trying to sleep in a covered wagon in a rock garden.

Do you ever drive through Shreveport? Pretty much the worst roads ever to go through in the berth.